Chapter 3: All for Safety.

Live laugh long chapters. Yippee!!
This part won't have bobs pov btw:)——————————Y/n's pov————————–October 30th, 7:45 am
You're sitting in a chair at your dining table, wondering what the hell this means. What kind of sick fuck would give you this? You don't understand. You sit there thinking for a moment and decide to grab your laptop, maybe you can find information on this guy, but it'd have to wait. You looked at your computer and it read "7:51 am" so you had to start heading to work. It was freezing cold so you put on some sweatpants and a hoodie, you then grabbed your keys, locked your front door, and got into your car.
. . .
You arrived at work at 7:57 am and was greeted by Bob. "Hey there Y/N! Did you sleep well last night?" For some reason, hearing his voice relaxed you, it made you forget about Red Devil. You look up at him and he was looking at you—waiting for an answer. "It was fine." You finally replied. Something was off though. He looked at you slightly worried, like he knew something was off. Then he finally spoke, "Are you sure..? Ya don't look fine.." after listening to him you thought about whether you should tell him, but you trust him a lot and he might be able to help you, so you tell him about it. The newspaper. The haiku. And tiny human bones. He looked at you, with a shocked look. He didn't even know what to say and realized you might've worried him. In an effort of comfort you ask, "Bob? Are you ok? It's not a big deal- it's probably just a harmless prank or something.. it's almost Halloween after all." But that doesn't seem to calm him down. You sigh; knowing that nothing you say will calm him down. "Bob, it's pretty easy to figure out that you're worried, but I'm fine! Is there anything I can do that would help calm you down? I don't want you to worry for me when it's probably fine." He listened to you and seemed to give it a bit of thought. "Is it ok if I come over after we get off..?" You were staring at your feet so his deep southern voice scared you, making you take a second to process what he had just said. "Oh! Sure! Uh- what time would work for you?" And he seemed to give that a bit of thought. "Is it ok if I ride with you? I already have my clothes in my bag and I normally just walk home." He replies. You thought about for a second, what harm could he possibly do? And agree to his offer.
. . . . . .
Your shift finally ends and you let Bob know you'll wait for him in the car so he can grab his clothes and any other belongings he might've brought with him. While you wait for him you scroll through your phone, seeing what you can find. A few minutes later, the passenger door opens and closes, you look over at Bob who has already changed his shirt since he already had on his casual pants. The drive back home was a bit awkward. None of you said anything, only the occasional bodily noises and actions like yawning, you'd never done this before. You finally arrive and ask Bob if he'd like to watch TV while you prepare something to eat. His response was, "We could watch a movie and I'll just head home right after- only if you want to though!!" And honestly? You'd be more than happy to do so, and on that note, you agree. He turns on the TV to look for a movie, never specifying on the genre, while you prepare some snacks. You look over for a second, and he's staring directly into your eyes with a wide smile on his face, sending shivers down your spine.

You walk over to the couch with the snacks, grabbing your laptop which you had left on the counter earlier, wanting to finish your research. You set down the snacks on the coffee table, and the computer on the couch. "I'm gonna go upstairs really quick and look for a new notebook!" You told Bob. He simply looked over and nodded with a smile, a heartwarming one, not like the one he had just shown you. You ignore it though, and head upstairs to grab a notebook and pen(since you forget things easily you wanted to write down whatever you could find). Once you head down the stairs, Bob's gone and all he left was a note. That was fast, he already left? I thought he was gonna watch a movie.. You grab the note either way: Sorry I had to leave, I remembered I had plans but I'm glad I got to make sure you're ok. I'll try to stop by tomorrow and check up on you. -Bob
You understand that he had forgotten- anyone could've forgotten. So you're looking forward to tomorrow. You noticed half of the snacks were eaten and you couldn't help but quietly chuckle. He's a sucker when it comes to snacks and sweets. You plop down on the couch and open your laptop, also writing down Red Devil Research on the un-used notebook. You open up google-chrome and search up "Red Devil", clicking on every news article, social media page, or just about anything that was about him. You were already about 4 pages into research when you suddenly heard a crash upstairs. You immediately jump off the couch and run up the stairs, carefully walking into your room—where the sound came from. You turn on the lights and you see it. You see the Red Devil, standing in your room, with his knife behind his back. You're not actually sure if it's a knife but it's pretty obvious. I mean, he is a serial killer. With absolutely no hesitation you jolt back down the stairs, grab your phone, and rush into your basement.

You lock the door and barricade it with a few extra pieces of furniture that had been in your basement, then called the local police station. Unfortunately for you, you had no service because that creep had done something, so you couldn't call anyone. Dammit.. you decide to scavenge around for anything that could be used as a weapon, so that you're not completely unprotected. BANG BANG BANG; you're immediately startled by the aggressive knocking on the basement door, and look for a weapon more panicked than you were before. You finally find a crowbar, but the knocking had already stopped. You decide to head upstairs and check if it's safe, still holding your crowbar tightly, you didn't wanna take any chances. You quietly start moving the furniture away from the door, and then quickly opening the door so it doesn't creak. You stick your head out and check for the cannibal, but there's nobody there. Maybe it was just part of your imagination? But you still couldn't help feeling anxious. You walked out of the basement since you had seen nothing, turning off all the lights and heading to your room with the crowbar still in your hands since he might actually be here, not just you imagining stuff.

You walked into your room, and the lights were still on. You locked your door—just in case—and crawled into bed since you already had your pajamas on. You set the crowbar next to your bed. You didn't feel safe turning off the lights so you decided to sleep with them on; just this once. You close your eyes and everything goes black. Everything that happened flooded your mind. You were scared. You didn't want to think about it anymore. It's only 9:03 pm. You drift off to sleep anyways.