T h r e e

Kota's POV

My jaw nearly hits the floor.

He.. hes... SO COOL!

I jump off my father's futon, and run over to him.

"Whoa, are you real?" I ask, poking his arm. "You have pink hair? Why are you so pale? Why do you have those blue line thingys? You're my dad's friend? My dad's really cool, huh?"

"Um..." he starts. He also has a really cool voice! "First of all, I never agreed to babysit you. Second, I'm never EVER going to be that weirdo's friend. Third, you're his KID?"

I cross my arms. "Sure am."

He looks lost for a second, and sighs. "Okay, what do you want to do?"

"I don't know. Can you do anything? Like, maybe you can fight?"

"I can fight."

My eyes widened. "You can fight? Teach me, pleaseeeee- uh-"

"Akaza," he answers.

"Plaseee Akaza-dono? Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee?"

He looks disgusted. "You use the same term 'dono' like that monste- I mean your dad. But yes I'll teach you a little bit, only if you stop acting... like your dad."

I nod firmly and stand tall. "Yes sir!" 

"Also I need permission from your- uh- dad, 'cause I don't know if he's okay with it."

Why does he sound like it's a weird fact that his friend is my dad? 

"Oh, uh okay. He's in the prayer room with people. I'm sure I can go though." I reply, making my way down the hallway, Akaza-dono following me.

As I approach the closed door, I spot one of the servants beside it. The servant spots me and bows deeply. It's still so weird that people who are much older than me are paying respect to me.

"Hello, Miss Kota. Do you need assistance?" She asks, looking down at the ground.

"I just wanted to ask my father something. Can I go in?" I ask, hoping the answer was a yes.

She nods her head. "Lord Douma is in there waiting for people. The people that were supposed to be here are running late, so he is available for a little while."

I give her a little quick bow before opening the door. I see my father in his really comfy looking chair. He sat with his legs crossed, his left hand supporting his face. He looks like he has all the time in the world.

"Hello, dear. I see you've met my friend!" He starts, grinning.

"Yes I did. Can I ask you something?" I say.

"You can ask me anything, my dear."

"So... can Akaza-dono teach me how to fight?" I ask, pointing towards the pink haired man.

"Fight? Why so?" He questions, still smiling.

I thought of it for a moment. "I don't know. I'm bored and... fighting is a good skill to have..?"

He chuckles and nods. "Of course you can. Can you tell my friend to come inside? I'll have to talk with him about your training."

I quickly nod, turning to beckon the man standing awkwardly outside of the door. He rolls his eyes, stepping inside the room. "What do you want?"

My father stands up, skips over to Akaza-dono and pats his head. "Akaza- dono~~ Please teach my daughter well! You are my friend after all!"

Akaa-dono shrugs my dad's hand off his head. "I am not your friend!"

Dad makes a hurt face. "But Akaza-dono~~ You're the only friend I have!!"

He acts like he's younger than me.

Akaza-dono grabs me by the wrist and proceeds to drag me out. He has a really tight grip, but I can tell hes trying not to hurt me.

"Whatever, I'm taking your child now. Have fun listening to people's problems or something."

My dad's eyes sparkle. "Yay! Thanks Akaza-dono! You're a gr~eat friend!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So," I start. "Can I just call you Akaza?"

He groans. "Whatever you want. Can you tell me the directions to a big but empty room?"

"Sure thing! But wouldn't you rather do it outside? It's quite sunny-"

"NO!" Akaza yells, which makes me stop. "I- I mean... I'd rather do it inside...?"

I laugh. This guy is funny! "Okay then. This way!"

We enter the room with nothing in it. 

"Perfect." Akaza whispers, dragging me to the middle of the room. "First. How you should stand when you fight..."