One // Forgotten Longings

𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎 // 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚘𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝙻𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

 "if I cannot bend heaven, I will raise hell

"if I cannot bend heaven, I will raise hell."

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Mystic Falls, Year 990 ADSeptember

September

     AN EIGHT YEAR OLD ADELINA ODINDOTTIR stormed out of her home as if she might very well burn it to the ground, a cool wind rushing to greet her the moment she stepped out of that little hovel. A frantic voice called behind her, rushing to get her attention as their angered words scolded her entirely.

   Adelina could only bring herself to turn around, catch her mother's eye, and then promptly stick her tongue out at the woman and continue walking.

The gravest of insults.

   She fumed, storming through the village with smoke on her trail and the breeze whispering its own murmurs of fury behind her.

Gods, she was furious. How dare her mother? She knew how Adelina felt about such things and yet she'd gone and agreed to it anyway!

It's for your own good, Adelina. It'll make you stronger, Adelina.

Well, what about what she wanted? What about what she wished to do about her "problem?"

Gods, the audacity of it all!

The girl barely paid any attention to the onlookers that turned their head and stared as she ventured past, raising their brows at the eight-year-old in confusion. Adelina didn't even care as her skirts whispered across the dirt and dirtied at the seams, or even as her hair blonde hair tangled and knotted in the wind.