Three // Monopoly Ploys

𝚃𝚠𝚘 // 𝙼𝚘𝚗𝚘𝚙𝚘𝚕𝚢 𝙿𝚕𝚘𝚢𝚜

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth."

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

    ADELINE KINGSTON had decided to ignore every single one of her friends

    ADELINE KINGSTON had decided to ignore every single one of her friends. At least for a day.

    Yesterday had been a wake up call, putting Katherine away and allowing her friends to stuff her in the tomb had been...overwhelming. All consuming. Given that Adeline might not be able to let her out for...a while.

    But perhaps, it was the right place for her to be right now. The world knew Katherine Pierce was alive, now. Meaning that whoever had been chasing her for the last five hundred years probably would too.

    If Adeline didn't want one thing, it was for her friend to be in danger. And stuck in a tomb that no vampire could enter because they would never be able to get out...well, that was safe. Though still, perhaps Adeline could put Katherine's consciousness in something like a Chambre de Chasse so she didn't have to suffer.

    Yes, that sounded like a good plan.

    She'd get right on that after today—after talking to her about it, of course.

    Adeline had checked her phone only once today, and that had been when she'd first woken up. And it had been right then that she'd decided to ignore everything and everyone after she'd found out that Elena had been kidnapped. Again. It was becoming a weekly occurrence.

Elena was a good person, she was, but the woman was like a cockroach; near impossible to kill. Adeline knew that if Elena Gilbert had managed to worm her way out of all the other dangers she'd encountered, the doppelganger would come out of this next event unscathed.

    Thus, Adeline didn't feel the need to insert herself in the situation.

    As much as she loved her friends, she hadn't a doubt that they'd survive without her. And truthfully, she didn't care so much as to use her power to locate the woman.