Chapter 1 : Cafe Meet

The evening sunrays came inside as an uninvited guest into her cafe when she opened the french window.In the hustling and bustling city Shreya preferred silence.The interior of the cafe spoke calm,peace and love.She opened the curtains and the board revealed her cafe's name ''Kaatrin Mozhi''

Few workers of the cafe who went for a break made their entry towards the cafe and signed her a Good evening and she replied them in sign.Yes its a sign language cafe,A special cafe for people who cant hear through ears and people who cant communicate through lips and there is a rule for everyone who enters the cafe should use the sign language to communicate with eachother.

A smile bloomed her lips when her regular little customers walked inside the cafe.They waved at Shreya and she waved back before walking towards them.
She signed them a Good evening and they signed back with all smiles.Shreya tilted her head as what and brought her fingers near her mouth signing ''What they want to have''

They made their forefinger like a hook and kept it on their chin and made their non dominant hand flat,with palm facing up to form the base of the cake and their dominant hand outlines the cake,bending their fingers forward to form the outline of an upside-down cup.They touched the base with their fingers and moved their dominant hand upward indicating that they want a chocolate cake.She showed her thumbs up and walked towards the kitchen.

Shreya can never measure the happiness that the kids and the silence gave her.But ruining all the silence she has maintained,a guy apparently 5 feet and 11 inches entered inside the cafe yelling.He settled himself on a free table.His fingers ran through his messy hair making it even more messy.His face showed clear frustration.

'Machaaa!Serious ah semma gaanda iruku daa!!',Prabha yelled in his mobile without noticing the rulesboard.
'Deii vidraa..adhaan unakke theriyum la idhu ennikkaa irundhaalum pichukumnu..aprom enna?',Nithish,his friend sighed in the opposite line.
'Aama dhaan..aana ava kadsila apdiye plate ah maathi motha pazhiya um en mela thooki potutu poitaa da...Ellaam mudinchu nu kelambi poitaa..naanum kelambi vante..',Prabha rubbed his forehead frusratedly.

'Vidu macha..its better to walkout from a toxic relationship rather than ruining eachother's peace',Nithish said.
'Naan onnum feel lam pannala..aana semma gaanda iruku..Nee vei naan aprom koopdren',Prabha hung up the call.

He broke up with his so called girlfriend an hour ago.It was all good at the beginning but as days went they started realising that they were falling apart.Prabha tried to make the relationship workout but when things went out of hands,he decided to let it go.He didnt want to play any blame game but he was hurt a little but more frustrated realising that all his efforts were onesided.

A huge sigh escaped his lips.He decided to chill his hot mind with a cold coffee and called the waiter but when no response came he frowned.
'Helloo..excuse me!!',he called the waiters again but no one seemed to respond him.

Shreya was completely irked of his behaviour.Firstly he didnt follow the rules,secondly he was disturbing the silence that was prevailing.She waved at him but he was too busy with calling the waiters.

The already frustrated Prabha was more frustrated now.No one was responding to him.He looked around to find everyone eating in silence.
'Enna idhu ivlo amaidhiya iruku?Weird..',he huffed and his eyes fell on the petite figure who was waving at him.He looked around again and found no one,he pointed himself with a frown and she nodded and signed him to come.

He walked towards the counter,'Hello enna nga nadakudhu?Naan oruthan inga kooptute iruken..no one was responding..Oru..',he continued to rant but stopped when she placed her forefinger on her lips and signed to stop.His eyes wandered over face,her squinted eyes,pointing nose that was red and her pouted lips which was closed by her finger and met her eyes again.
Before she could respond to him,she felt a pull in her shawl.She turned find the little kids and smiled at them.They thanked her in sign language and she made a heart with her hands.

'Ohhh..Ivanga oomai nu theriyaama naan oruthan kathitu irukken..',Prabha rolled his eyes with a sigh.But the scene he witnessed made his heart calm a bit.A little smile crept over his lips.

Its a big task for him to be silent and he came to know that this wasnt a place for him.He walked out from the cafe.
'Veetuku poitu,fresh aayitu oru thookatha potutu..Night biriyani order panni saptutu thirumba paduthu thoongittaa,everything will be fine',he said to himself and left.

Shreya heaved a sigh when she didnt found him.Her eyes travelled around the cafe and she found that he had left already.Soon she started concentrating on the kitchen.