Chapter 4 : Difference of Opinion

The red velvet cake was one the best selling item on Kaatrin Mozhi's cafe and Baking these mini cupcakes were Shreya's favourite. By the end of the day all the cupcakes she had baked got sold off in a jiff and it was past 9 in the night.

When again the doors of the cafe had opened with a thud , she clearly knew who would it be . In amidst all these day , the customer who enters the cafe with such an entry could one and only be the great Prabha !

"Ippa avaluku enna dhan prachana ? Venam nu sollitala , na kudutu ah gifts ah kupai la poda sollu idhukaga lam avala poi pakka mudiyadhu ? " Prabha roared against the phone.

He sat on the high raised stool with a thud when he saw the Jerry like figure staring at him with her hands crossed across his chest.

Shreya was glaring at him , in reflex Prabha immediately hung the call.

"Andha Bayam irukatum " Shreya's lips moved in air and to an extent Prabha could have a hang of lip reading.

Prabha somehow reading the instructions ordered for a cold coffee . While he was waiting for the coffee , he decided to stroll through his Instagram account. Forgetting that the speakers are on he viewed the trending video " Mama kutty " and got cracked up.

His laughter was soon vanished when the cold coffee was brought right in front of his face by Shreya who had an intimidating look.

He immediately fisted his palm and began rubbing it in circular motion across his eyes , he thought this is how SORRY is conveyed in sign language.

Shreya immediately chuckled seeing his efforts to say Sorry but what cracked her up was how he did the gesture wrong.

Once he was done drinking his cold coffee, he noticed that Shreya was waiting for him to finish , so that she could close the cafe and head back home. The workers have already retired back.

Once she had locked the cafe , she turned around to see him waiting outside.

"Enna achu ? " Shreya asked as she slid the key into her sling bag.

" Do you mind if we can go for a walk ? " He took the initiative for there step.

Shreya nodded her head and the duo began taking a stroll over the streets of Pondicherry.

"Actually sorry eppudi solluvanga nu teriuma sign langauge la? " Shreya asked suppressing her laughter.

"Yen ippudi dhana ? " He asked as he circled his fisted palms across his eyes

"Ayoo apdi illa ! " Shreya took his hands which was moving across his eyes and moved it in a circular motion across his chest .

His heart began pounding faster and she was able to sense it . She immediately left hold of his hand and began walking while Prabha rubbed his nape with a sheepish smile.

"Amaidhi ah irukuradhu konjama kashtama ? " Shreya questioned.

"Konjam " Prabha demonstrate with his index and thumb finger while Shreya glowered at him , resulting him in changing his statement " Rombave kashtam "

Shreya brushed it off with a smile.

" Namma eppavume thaniya illa Shreya , even in silence namma heart namma kita pesite irukum , adhu pesuradha niruthuna dhan prachana ! " He told with rolling his bike keys.

" Nalla pesuringa Prabha " Shreya appreciated it.

" Manasula irukuradha pesuna nalladhu dhana ? " Prabha questioned.

"Pesuradhuku vaai matum dhan teva nu illa la ? " Shreya put forth her view.

He nodded his head wanting to hear her perspective more.

" Nammaku pesa mudiyudhu , indha ulaguthula evalavu peru pesa vo keka vo mudiyama irukanga ? But they do converse among themselves ... avunga chinna ulaguthula they are happy, nammaku dhan adhu oru disability avungaluku illa ! I believe in enjoying the unnoticed things around us " She finished with her trademark grin.

"Ennaya vida neenga nalla pesuringa boss " Prabha exclaimed.

One thing that left a huge stamp on Shreya's heart was how he told even in silence we have something to hear within us . That started the first step of her inclination towards Kadavul Setting.
He was impressed was an understatement, he was blown by how she loved to look beyond the presumed inabilities , those were never an inability in front of her eyes . He loved the entire thinking process that went behind her tiny brain.

"So ?? Adhutu ? " Shreya asked as she ran out of what to speak .

He put his right index finger forth while he took Shreya's left index finger and interlocked it , leaving Shreya amused.

Interlocking of the index finger in sign language indicates Friendship.

"Friends ? " Prabha asked .
"Naaleh naalu dhadava patha oruthavanga kuda eppudi nambi friends aga mudiyum? " She told as she tapped her index finger on her chin.

"Adhe naalu dhadava patha oru paiyan kuda night la walk vandhingala , Adhe mari dhan ? " Prabha continued

She showcased her dimples and enacted as if giving a serious thought , after a long gap of 5 minutes .

She interlocked his finger with hers and whispered " Friends "

Just as the kadavul witnessed the exchange of friendship , he had decided to celebrate this ocassion with showering rain droplets on them.

The rain began pouring like cats and dogs , when the duo hid under the shelter.
Shreya being a non driver , she had booked for a cab.

"Neenga eppudi povinga ? " Shreya's mind came to reality

"En bike unga cafe ku munnadi dhan iruku ! Bike la rain coat iruku potupen , apdiye veetuku po vendiyadhu dan." Prabha assured.

"Achachooo ippudiye mazhai la nenjatu ponna fever dhan varum " Shreya frowned.

By the time , the cab she had booked arrived. Before entering into the cab, she took her folded umbrella and gave it to Prabha.

"Marakama kodai ah puduchutu cafe varaikum ponga okay ? " Shreya comforted.

Prabha nodded his head seeing this side of her which was new to him.

"Marakadhinga " She yelled as she sat on the window seat of the cab.

"Marakala " Prabha raised his tone.

The duo clearly did not think about the rain and drowning in it but the words held a different meaning which they realised.

TO BE CONTINUED...