Chapter 2 : Wrong Move

The light pastel color purple curtain hung above the window. As Prabha walked inside his room and sat on the table near his study place . Above his study desk sat a pin board of Yuvan Shankar Raj Music playlist ! On the side of the study desk had a photo frame of Prabha and his so called girlfriend who he had recently broke up with.

For a minute he closed his eyes and let out a deep breath , before disposing it into the dustbin. At the end of the day our room is our bestfriend who knows every little secret of us which the outside world ain't privy to.

Rightly his ringtone played " Udhungadha Sangu na dhanda soru kingu ! Tamil is my mother tongue uh I m single and I m young uh "

"Enna da ? Yuvan songs ketu feel pannitu irukiya ? " Nithish voice was heard from the other end of the call.

"Ada chi adhu lam illa, Ennaku kovam dhan tappe panna ma ellathayum ennaya blame pannitu she just left off, Oru vidathula ennaku idhu nalladhu dhan ! " Prabha replied.

" Innaiku enga ponna ? Na veetuku vandhen veetla illa nee ? " Nithish rolled his eyes.

" Hey Machan solla maranten , Naa vara vazhila innaiku Kaatrin Mozhi ponnen " Prabha told with having his thumb rubbing his forehead.

" Edhu andha padathuka ? Adhu release ayi romba varsham ache da " Nithish blinked his eyes.

"Joke nu nenachu edho onnu try panrenu teriudhu , Na counter kudukura nelamaila illa Machan" Prabha squinted his eyes.

Nithish acted like he zipping his mouth and asked him to continue.

" Andha Cafe la ellame vidiyasama irunduchu da , Na irukura tension la waiters ah kupta yarum respond pannala " Prabha gave a pause.

"Apram enna dhan achu ? " Nithish was curious to know.

" Andha Cafe owner oomai nu teriama , na padu konja voice ah raise panniten ! At times nammaku nalla naal ah ila naa we end up showing our anger in a wrong way nu innaiku purinjukuten " Prabha felt a guilty for be a little rude to the petite figure he had encountered today.

Nithish keenly listened to his best friend , he knew a biryani can set his friends mood a little bit . With having him on call he had ordered Prabha to open the door . When Prabha opened the door , the sight he had encountered was that of a delivery guy having the package of " Junior Kuppana - Chicken Biryani "

"Unnaku dhan sonnen ! Nalla saptutu nimmadhiya thungu , ini yaru kudayum night full ah vidiya vidiya muluchu kadala podavenam ... Yuvan Paatu potutu vibe pannu Machan " Nithish hung up the call with it.

Nithish Prabha's friendship is such that the other doesn't have to explain what happened , why they are yelling at eachother, they just understand without having to convey and that indeed is a boon to have such people around us in life.

Prabha's thought were filled with the sight of those little tiny button children who had pulled the Cafe owner's shawl . The little interaction that went behind them somehow kept soothing his racing heart due to the shocks he had encountered today . He retired to sleep with the pleasing smile of those tiny kids and Cafe owner.

*******

As the morning sun rose , the air was crisp and fresh. The sun reflected flawlessly off the pond as the water stayed still and crystal clear . The park felt like home for the homeless birds around.

It was a daily ritual for Shreya to have a jog around the park in the morning. She never misses to take a glance and admire the silence in the park early in the morning along with the birds chirping that sounded like a melody in that of her ears.

"Aah " shrieked Shreya out of fear when she felt someone pushing her from behind.

Shreya turned around to look who was behind it, only to find her best friend from school days until now having a mischievous look written over her face.