2. slipping into the past

A/n: feel free to comment and vote 🫂 actually please do comment and vote 🫶🏻
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Chapter 2

Waking up you didn't see your brother anywhere. In fact, as Vader promised, you didn't have any nightmares, not even dreams, just nothing.

*Knock knock* "High Lady, the Admiral has landed in the hangar. He'll be at the bridge."

"Thank you, trooper..."

The Admiral oversaw a squadron that had been sent on a mission to eliminate a group of rebels, a group of about 40. Easy task considering he was sent with a squad of 80 fully trained troopers. That's double the rebels and yet they failed to eliminate them let alone capture at least 10 of them. Said Admiral was then called back but took two damn days to get back, ridiculous.

-

The loud click clacks of her heels rang through the halls as she approached the bridge. A scowl plastered on her face, she started to pick up pace ignoring the stormtroopers as they greeted, "high lady." Alaneth was more than ready to maim the admiral for letting the rebels get away in the battle. Admiral Esley knowing his fuck up, decided to take a longer route "home" which took... exactly two days, so he could delay his consequences.

-

The Admiral could hear the High Lady get closer to the bridge and with every stride she took he feared for his life, hoping for a painless death were she to kill him, hoping for no torture or re-conditioning. He quickly straightened his uniform, ran his hands through his hair and took deep breaths as his mouth chattered from anxiety and the sudden coldness of the room. Life felt like it was sucked into a vortex as you entered.

"Admiral, strike two. You have failed me twice now..." raising your hand to lift him into the air and choke him, he quickly grasps at his throat trying to ease the invisible force that wrapped around his throat.

"Ple-please High Lady w-we coul- couldn't". The Admiral replies whilst trying to get any air he could into his lungs.

Releasing your grip slightly, "couldn't what?"

"We couldn't get them; they knew we were coming. They played us High Lady. Please...", Admiral Esley begs whilst hanging midair like a rat getting caught in its trap.

"Do not beg, it's pathetic and gets you nowhere. I despise incompetence, Admiral. Know that this will be the last chance you get." You said coolly before dropping him to the ground and letting him hit his nose.

-

Mechanical breathing filled the room. The Admiral looks up, terrified. He knew the lord isn't as forgiving as you are.

"Two days late, Admiral. We're not idiots, there's no point in delaying." The nonchalant words of your brother simply caused the admiral to feel more humiliated but still appreciative that the lord didn't further his torment or choke him like you did.

Bored, you telepathically asked your brother if he wanted lunch. He quickly replied with a "let's go" and turned his heel, leaving with you. The atmosphere of the room quickly loosened with your absence and Admiral Esley finally got the breath he so needed.

-

"Personally, I would love to dance afterwards... helps take my mind off incompetent fools. Oh, by the way I wanna bake some bread to make cinnamon sugar toasts for you but you're probably not going to eat it- "

"I'll try it." Vader said cutting you off. His response made you raise your non-raisable eyebrows. Not hearing a response, your brother added in jokingly, "hope you won't poison me, don't wish to lose my stomach, I've lost enough body parts."

"I could always heal it or regrow it", you retort. A distorted snort came from his mask, and you shot him the sharpest glare you could manage.  Rolling your eyes, you formed a water blob and dropped it on him.

"That was uncalled for!" Vader said with a little shiver which made you feel bad because you were soft when it came to family, so you quickly absorbed back all the water you decided to harass him with.

-

You finally retired to your quarters after eating, a dance warm up and then a few rounds of combative training. You decided to have a shower before sleeping to get rid of the smell of sweat and the sweat itself. Quickly stripping down, you entered the shower to indulge yourself in the cold running water. Yes, cold water not warm or piping hot water that other girls liked. In a sense, the cold always comforted you, made you breathe, helped you think better.

-

Sinking down to the corner of the bath, you let a tear slip. You were very tired, exhausted. Yes, you could be ruthless and mean at times, but you weren't an exception to emotions. You couldn't help but think of your parents, your life back as it originally was. You wanted answers, you wanted to know what you were. You've always had the ability to control two elements, water and air. It started when you were 11, you noticed how the winds changed as you willed it to with a wave of your hand, how you could cause the sky to thunder and shower plants with rain, how whenever you felt hot you could simply wave your hands and there'd be wind blowing in your direction, how you could cause the water to shake and move in waves. Almost falling asleep in the bath, you wiped your tears, got out and dried yourself before changing into your nightwear and plopping onto your bed. Closing your eyes, you started to drift off into your thoughts. Not 5 minutes later and you were already fast asleep.

• Will post the next chapter later today or tomorrow when I've finished chapter three. Enjoy!
Love, J