5. fight

A/n: feel free to comment and vote 🫂 actually please do comment and vote 🫶🏻

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Chapter 5

Popping his head in, TN2865 speaks up, "High Lady? We're landing in 5."

You responded with a curt nod and walked towards your bag, grabbing your cold bottle and drinking from it. You probably drank too much but what's the worst that could happen? It's just an almost full bladder, couldn't hurt too much. You grabbed the hilt of your lightsaber; it had the initials 'C' and 'B' on it. They were the initials of your parents. No, they are. It wasn't all interesting, just had initials of your parents on the side and yours at the bottom, it was black in colour and that was about it. You placed it back on your belt and walked out towards the main section of the ship where everyone was preparing to alight.

Your voice distorts slightly as you speak thanks to your mask, "Kill anyone who stands in the way or tries to protect the rebels. I know of a guy here who will try to stop us, a force user as well. Keep your eyes peeled for him. Mid 20's, about 5'9, brunette and usually wears brown and ochre yellow." Sensing their confusion, you projected the shade of it into their minds. You placed your hood over your head, you usually wore it because you didn't like the look of the back of your mask.

With a hiss, the door to the ship opened and everyone in the vicinity backed off not wanting to be in the way risking bodily injury or death. Trying to make the situation clear to the citizens and dwellers of the city you shouted, "Stand between us and the rebels, you die. Protect the rebels, you die. Hiding rebels and you die. Helping them escape and you die. To make it simple, don't interfere with us and you'll hopefully live." You then proceeded to add on for the squadron, "Find the rebels and the force user."

Ah... this felt like old times, being an inquisitor. Sweet nostalgia. You watched as the troopers tore apart the village. Rebels being rebels, they came out and started firing at us. Bingo found them. But rookie mistake, I stopped the blaster bolts but obviously that didn't mean they'd stopped firing, so I crushed their blasters too. Duh.

"The good in you never can resist the urge to help others hmm. Pity... kill them."

Someone by the name of Talia ran out to the middle between us, "No! I will not let you hurt more people and take them from their families."

The troopers pointed their blasters at her, lasers aiming on her body. Turning to face her you used the force to pull her closer, "What do know about being taken away? I've seen your mind, your past, I've seen everything, and you know nothing. What are you going to do to stop me? Pray us all away? This isn't a dream, it's reality." Tightening your force grip, her neck snapped. Patience growing thin, you taunted, "Come out wherever you are~ come out Halian, come out and nobody else dies." You took your lightsaber, and it came to life. The red light coming from it contrasted with your black outfit. People started to scream and go frantic. Picking out a random person from the crowd you made him kneel before you, execution style. I mean of course you weren't going to kill him; you knew it was enough for the weak-minded force user to reveal himself.

You got knocked back with the force but quickly got back up. And of course, you saw someone running, classic. Using the force to stop him, "Hello Halian, how nice to see you."

"Ah, you're the High Lady people speak of. The High Lady who was once an inquisitor. The killer who now sits in council meetings. What a change of lifestyle. Let me go, you don't have to do this, come with me, come to us. You weren't always like this." Halian speaks.

"If I wasn't always like this then pray tell, what was I? I just had yet to let this part of me come out. You're right, I don't have to do this yet here we are, me doing whatever this is. You call me a killer then plead thinking I would somehow spare you. Out of pity perhaps? Nah I don't think so." You said with a light hint of boredom in your tone. You added to the squad, "Leave us, get the rebels. I'll handle this creature."

With a scream, he lunged at you. You dodged and he threw another blow which you blocked with your saber. You stopped his third attempt to hit you with the force by stopping his hand and pushing him backwards. Taking a quick but thorough look through his mind you knew there was nothing he could provide. You were ready to kill him until he said something that made your blood boil.

"I can't read your mind, but I know you've been self-destructing. Does your brother know? Just how weak you are? All dark minded people are alike, they're weak."

Lifting your saber you threw an attack, "WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ME? NOTHING." Nobody knew anything about you aside from your brother. Nobody understood your problems and the ones you've faced. And now to have this nobody talking about it, enraged you. Using the force, he pushed you back, but you ran towards him with a scream in a matter of a second. Lifting him up with the force you slammed him into the wall then to a table on the other side of the pavement. He stands up grabbing his saber and holds it in front of him, shaken. Look who's the weak one... running towards him, instead of doing the expected thrust of your saber to his heart, you jumped over him landing on your feet and kicked his back causing him to fall on his knees. Coming around you used the force to stop him from moving. You left hand, ungloved and unoccupied went to grip his jaw, "Next time it's better to just keep your mouth shut." As your fingers remained longer you could see light frost like things forming on his face, it was almost as if you were freezing him physically, turning him to ice. Taken aback you released your grip and quickly killed him, with the swift flick of your wrist, the red blade takes his head off. You quickly looked down to your hands and covered it with a glove, thinking back to what 'father' had said, "The cryokinetic abilities will come if you allow it to be released from your heart." Was anger the way, was hurt the way? What was the way?

Cutting you off from your thoughts TN2865 approached, "High Lady, we've rounded up the rebels."

"Fire at will." You said, turning around and heading back to your command shuttle.

a/n

Short chapter and not my best but will post chapter 6 tomorrow or when I'm done with it, enjoy!

-J