1. Rowan

The air was hot, burning embers still floating around. The sound of a vehicle grew closer, the engine humming through a trail of large trees until it came to a stop just feet from the rubble. The door handle clicked as the person inside pushed the back door open. A heavy boot hit the ground, followed by the other. The driver side door opened as smaller feet in thick black heels hit the ground, running to the other side to offer the large figure a hand.

The man swatted the small woman's hand away, stretching as he took a step away from the car. The woman sighed softly and closed the car door, looking up at the figure in front of her, her green eyes then looking down to the ground. The man grunted softly, taking an interest in the mess as he walked to the burning rubble slowly. Screams could still be heard from some of the men who worked in the building.

"Sir..." The small voice trailed behind him. The man stopped in his tracks, looking back at the woman with dark eyes. "She isn't here.." The man looked at the ground, swiveling his head back as he heard a soft rustling noise. He walked towards where some of the rubble was still in larger pieces, perhaps part of a wall that had fallen down. The corners of the structure were still on fire, a figure underneath it struggling to get out. They stopped as they saw the man.

"Rowan, we need to find her, not waste time with survivors." Rowan looked at the woman again as his right hand grabbed the figure's neck, lifting him out from underneath the rubble. Turning back to them, he tilted his head.

"Do you know where she went?" Rowan's voice echoed, dark and angry, yet steady. The man spit towards him, missing. Rowan nodded, squeezing the man's neck until you could hear his spine snap. The woman looked away as he did so. He began to walk back towards her after dropping the body, wiping his hand clean of the blood that had been trickling down his knuckles. He stopped as he noticed a familiar shoe print, pressed into the ground beneath him, a trail that eventually led into the thick forest nearby. He smirked, shaking his head gently.

"However she found out about what we had planned, it's clear to me that she doesn't agree with what we're doing here." He turned towards the burnt down building as the final wall crashed down. He leaned back onto the car as the woman nodded, keeping quiet.

Rowan chuckled as he shook his head. "I don't know where she thinks she's going, or doing for that matter. But she's going to regret not being on our side when this world sees true destruction." Rowan sucked his teeth, "What a shame. A waste of power."

The woman looked at him, confused. "You aren't going to capture her, force her to work alongside us?"

Rowan looked at the woman, the corner of his eyes crinkling, "No, Thea. We're going to capture her so I can kill her. She clearly wont use an ounce of her powers for our benefit. I say it's a waste because it's clear they gave an enormous amount of dark magic to a soul who isn't the slightest bit dark." Thea nodded, opening the car door for Rowan.

Rowan nodded at her, looking back at the rubble, his eyes becoming a shimmering purple as the entire ground where the lab once stood burst into black flames, immediately turning it all into dust. The screams stopped. He waited a moment before his eyes turned back to their dark brown. Grass began to grow where everything had been burned, mostly to cover up that anything had been there in the first place. Rowan's face read that he was pleased.

"Thea.." Rowan spoke gently. She turned to him, confused as to why he was still standing there. His facial expression grew cold, walking towards the open car door. "Before we go.. Call Simon. Tell him to release the first batch of provisional experiments.. Tell him to release them into the Redwood forest. Tell him," He continued, as he turned to Thea, "That if they find 'The North Star', to bring her back alive and kill anyone or anything that prevents that from happening. This war begins now.."

He ducked into the car as Thea closed the door behind him and made her way back to the driver's seat. The car idled for a few moments before it hummed back in the direction it had come from. As the area grew quiet, the unknowing animals around it resumed their simple methods of survival.