💚 Hanging Out💚

Gloves x reader

Where the story takes place: The Shoal

Relationship Status: Strangers

Angst, fluff, or smut: A little fluff

Words to know: Refer to the Foreword

~~~~~~~~

You were hanging around Inkopolis Square, because you wanted to hear the latest news going around. You had originally come to look for some fresh gear that would look good with your new shoes, when you heard some gossip going around about Team Blue. Apparently, they had just won yet another turf war, (no matter how stupid it sounded) and you wanted to know how it had gone. You silently checked your phone, when you heard your name being called

. "Hey! Y/n!" You slowly turned around and saw your best friend, B/f/n

"Hi! What are you doing?" You asked. "I could ask you the same thing." They replied, and you laughed at your friend's snarky response.

 "Well, I was just hanging around. Now are you gonna answer my question?" Your friend nodded enthusiastically and said, "Oh, yeah! I just wanted to know if you wanted to hang out at the Shoal." 

You thought about it for a second. It sounded fun, and plus, you knew there was a good chance people would be talking about some interesting things there. "Alright, I'm in."  F/n grinned. "Alright! Let's go!"

When you arrived at the Shoal, you noticed a few familiar faces, but none of them were people you knew too well. Really just people you'd heard about from your teammates. Your friend ran off to find an arcade game, while you decided to hang back, instead deciding to go to the claw machine and try your luck.

 You quickly eyed a cool looking squid plush, and you inserted a coin in the coin slot. You put your hand on the joystick in front of you as the claw came to life, and tried to grab the squid plush. You sadly failed, but you went ahead and tried again. 

You saw the claw grasp the plush, when it fell from the metal hand with a soft Ploof!  "Whatever." You mumbled, when a voice behind you said "I can help with that."

You turned around to see an inkling boy with green eyes looking at you. "Who are you exactly?" He laughed. "Haven't heard of me? I'm Gloves." He smiled proudly.

 "Actually, I have heard of you from one of my teammates. You learn a lot if you listen to others." You said. Gloves looked at you with a raised eyebrow. "Need help with that?" You sighed. "Yeah, why not?" 

He pulled out a coin and entered it in the machine. 10 seconds later, he pulled out the squid plush, and you beamed at him. "Thank you!" You said, and he grinned. "I've still got it." He said to himself. Then he looked at you quizzically. 

"Say, I never got your name." He said. "Oh, I'm Y/n." You replied. "Your pretty cool." He said back. "You are too." You said. You blushed, and he did too.

 "Wanna hang out? I know a few places we can go. I can also introduce you to my team." You thought for a second.

 "Here's my number. I can come around later if you want." You said, writing down your number on a napkin. Whatever works, right? He winked at you. "Sounds fly to me. See ya later Y/n." He swiftly walked off, and you hugged your squid plush tightly. 

He seems nice enough. You thought as you walked off to go find your best friend.

-Time Skip-

After a fun day of lounging around and meeting new friends, you told your best friend you needed to get going. 

"Already?" They said, pouting, and you nodded. "Okay then. I'll see you later Y/n!" They waved as you ran off with your stuff. After getting outside, you pulled out your phone and texted Gloves.

You: Where should we meet up?

Gloves: How does the Deca Tower sound? I was thinking we could go watch some turf wars

You: Sure. See ya!

You put away your phone and took in everything around you. The sun was glowing warmly behind the Deca Tower, dipping lower into the sky with every chilly gust of wind. You ran towards the slowly setting sun, looking around to see if Gloves had arrived. 

You recognized the dark green tentacles atop someone's head, and snuck up behind them. "Boo." You said quietly, and the boy jumped, before smoothing his hand across his hair and grinning. 

"If you think you scared me, your wrong." He said, and you laughed. "You jumped two feet into the air!" You tussled his tentacles, and he blushed slightly, green covering the tips of his cheeks.

You did the same, and the both of you stood silently for a moment. You felt a bit awkward standing there in the cold air, and luckily for you, you weren't forced to talk first.

"Come on, let's go!" He took your hand, and you felt your face flush, the blood rushing to your head. When you got inside the arena, you and Gloves found a decent place to stay and watch the battle. 

When the battle started, you felt Gloves wrap his arm around your waist. You looked up to see him trying to focus on the battle. You smiled and wrapped one of your arms around his shoulder, and you saw a grin forming on his face. You stayed like that for a while, watching battle after battle after battle.

-Time Skip-

It was getting quite late, and you on getting up bright and early the next morning, whatever the crab that was supposed to mean. Your teammates had insisted on you doing it after one of them read an article in a magazine about good health related to sleeping. 

Sure, you didn't want to go, after having fun conversations and kind of deep ones too, but you decided against it.

So you told Gloves you had to go, and slowly said goodbye as you walked away. You felt sadness overcome you, but you shook it off. At least we had fun. You thought as you were leaving.

 All of a sudden, you felt a firm hand grip your shoulder. "Y/n!" You looked around to see Gloves looking at you. What could he want now?  You thought, but secretly you were quite happy he caught you before you left. "What is it?"

He stood there staring at you for a moment. "Well, if I told you I wanted to go on a date with you, what would you hypothetically say?" It was your turn to stand there and stare at him. 

You looked at his coy smile, and then noticed the determined gleam always glinting in his beautiful green eyes. "I would hypothetically ask why you wanted to go out with me." You grinned slyly, and he shook his head.

"Because, in all honesty, your pretty cool. Your observance and your readiness to do whatever it takes makes you even cuter." He was blushing as he tried to look you in the eyes, not backing away. 

You smiled and wrapped one, then two hands around his waist. You brought his face closer to yours and leaned in, your lips soon covering his in a kiss.

You were about to let go, but he wouldn't let you. He took your face in his hands and kissed back. You both stood there a few seconds, enjoying the moment, when you finally let go.

Gloves face then turned serious. "So yes or no?" You smiled. "Of course I will." He grinned and kissed your cheek. "So when and where should we hang out?" You asked him. He pondered for a second. "You know what? I think I'll let you decide." 

Authors note: I am SO sorry for not updating in the last few days. It's just that we've been having internet problems, so thank you for understanding. Also, I'm surprised anyone reads these things. Thanks to everyone who does! Anyway, adios Kit Kats!💛

Word count: 1215