The Crossover of the Millenium (HERMPIRES)

A/N
I'm back, baby!
Since the crossover of the millenium is happening, I had to hop aboard. The prompt is basically just a list, but I tried to be concise (for a change). Also, the AI did not understand that Xisuma is not female but I thought it was funny so genderbent it is.
Parts I wrote are in italics. Have fun.
___________________________________________________

"So, shall we cross over and see what's on the other side?" asked Grian.

Cheers of assent resounded through the cave. Grian hopped down from his lodestone as the Hermits lined up in front of the Rift: Scar, Impulse, Pearl, False, Doc, Cub, Tango, Xisuma, Cleo, Bdubs, Joe, Jevin, and Keralis. As they stepped through the portal, Grian glanced back at Grumbot, and he could have sworn his robot winked.

The cave disappeared. The 13 Hermits found themselves on a rickety wooden bridge, past which were tall tents flying flags. In the distance, a grand stone bridge stood proudly.

Unknown to the Hermits, this was the land of Empires. Jimmy was the Sheriff, Joey was a pirate, Lizzie ruled Animalia, Shelby was a witch deep in a swamp, Joel was an 11 foot god, Fwhip was a goblin living underground, Sausage was in charge of Sanctuary, Gem and Katherine were princesses of Dawn and Glimmergrove, Scott was in charge of Chromia, Oli had his little Olipoligo, and Pix worked around them.

But back to the Hermits now. 

"They have to cross the bridge!" grumbled False.

The Hermits split into two groups: one group staying at the shore, the other one crossing the bridge. The group staying at the shore, led by Scar and Pearl, was challenged by a monstrous wall of water, and managed to cross over to the other side.

"Alright, this is gonna be our next issue," said False. "We gotta get across this damn bridge."

The bridge wobbled and twisted as they stepped on it, and the two groups soon met. "Okay, everyone, that's it! We've got to get across this bridge. We've got to get across this bridge!" the two groups started jogging down the bridge.

"This could take a while."

"I think the whole party is gonna have to walk across," agreed Cleo.

Keralis made a face and shouted out: "Everyone STOP!"

"What?" asked Pearl.

"Can I do something?"

"You want to?"

"Not really."

"Well, I'd really like to sit on a bench. Can I do that?"

"Oh. Okay. Sure."

"Bingo! We're going to the bench."

All the Hermits stopped walking. Grian had never seen anyone so happy to sit down in his entire life.

As the group arrived at the bench, a tent came flying out of nowhere, followed by Jimmy. "Are you ready?" asked the Sheriff.

"We're ready," responded Xisuma.

"Go!" called Scott. The small group of Hermits shot through the gap in the bridge, the water hitting them hard. A flying, scaly spider joined Scott at the front of the group, almost as if he was going for a round of tag with the Hermits.

"Okay, come on then!" shouted Jimmy.

"We'll make it," muttered Joe.

"But, um, what happens if-" started Doc."

Hah, don't worry," answered Scott, "we got this!"

Gem looked at Joe and they both shook their heads. Grian saw a rainbow-colored wheel fly from Scott's hand. It connected with the scaly spider's face and the spider fell into the water below.