Chapter Nine - Perfect Blissful Sleep

+++++

"Could you just talk to me?"

"Seth I don't want to fucking talk."

"Well if you never talk to me how am I going to know your fucking problem."

"Punk beat me for years. What else is there to talk about?!"

"I don't know but that can't be all."

"Look I really can't do this with you right now." She turns to walk away and he grabs her wrist hard. "Please let go."

"I won't."

"I need to go." The thick tears burn her eyes.

"Whatever. Just take your stuff when you leave." He jolts into the bathroom slamming the door behind him.

"I'm sorry." She whispers under her breath. The tears streak her cheeks as she gathers her suitcase and heads out the door. She is met with Dean two inches from her.

"Why are you crying?" He turns her chin up so she will look at him.

"Look I don't want to talk to anyone right now so please just drop it."

"Okay," he says.

She pushes past him and walks her way to the elevator. She throws a sad-looking smile at him as the doors close in front of her.

------------

He waits for her to leave and pushes the door open to Seth's room. when Aj wasn't looking he slid his foot over just enough that the door wouldn't close. He sits down on the couch and waits for Seth to come out of the bathroom.

"What the fuck are you doing in here?"

"I just wanted to talk."

"At least someone does." He sighs throwing himself onto the bed.

"You are going to lose her. She has been through so much that you can't even begin to understand."

"SHE WON'T LET ME!" He screams out.

"Do you let her speak?"

"What do you fucking care dude."

"I'm not going to let you lose her."

"Why, you know you love her."

"I also know she is the best woman on the planet and I want what is best for her. Whether it's you or it's me. I'm not going to fight you for her, but I will not stop loving her. I will NOT stop being her friend."

"Okay. So we're cool."

"Yeah, but you know about the new storyline right?"

"no, I did not hear."

"They are making us all a love triangle." He smirks before getting up and leaving the room.

-----------

What the Fuck. Seth thinks to himself as he is too stunned to speak.

-----------

"Come on in." She props the door open with her slim figure and waves a hand for her to come in. She notices her disheveled look and puffy red eyes. "Do you want to talk about it?" Paige asks thinking a total 'no' would be her answer.

"I want to talk. Where's Roman?"

"He just left to grab some lunch." She smiles. "You want me to ask him to pick something up for you?"

"I'm not hungry. Just need someone else's point of view."

"Well let's sit."

"I'm fine." She begins pacing in front of her. "I feel like Seth isn't up for the whole friends-with-benefits thing. I thought he was, I mean he said he was. Then we started in and I said something about doing it every day and he got so weird. I just feel like I can't even talk to Dean without Seth being so fucking jealous. It's kind of ridiculous cause he said he didn't want Dean to ever know and then he puts his arm around me and calls me baby. That's weird, right? I know it is."