Beam

I sat up, nursing the biggest hangover of all time. I groaned and took a cold shower and a glass of cold orange juice before stepping out. Nobody else was awake. I looked at my watch and realized it was only 6am. PFFT. Stupid body clock. Just then I cast a glance towards Park's cabin. The slap of previous night and how he had saved me came to mind. I sighed softly.

I decided to make breakfast for the group. Mainly him to say thanks but couldn't do that without attracting unnecessary attention. So I decided to cook for all. I was a relatively good cook and was busy making toast and eggs over the campfire when the boys woke up one by one. I also put on a pot of fresh black coffee. Everyone ate and disappeared to do various activities. Finally Park stumbled awake around 11am. I was still seated at the campfire place, doing up a fresh set of breakfast when I saw him potter around.

He came and sat down opposite me and I fixed him a plate. As he was having it, I stood up, thanking him softly for last night and left. I saw his stunned eyes follow me but not a word in response.

We all spent a few more hours together before we left for dorm again. Lam and Park had come together but now Lam offered to drop Kit off. When the fuck did these two become besties? I rolled my eyes. I went up to Park  who was in his cabin busy packing.

"Park. Kit is going home with Lam. Would you like me to drop you off?"

"Ah its fine. Don't worry. I can get Max to give me a ride."

"But there's Tul and they came on a bike.."

I saw Park grimace.

"Let me drop you ok? I owe you one for saving my life yesterday."

Park looked at me hard but didn't say anything. He finally nodded his head reluctantly. I got the car ready and we all left. As I was driving back, Park got a call. I saw his face change momentarily but he still answered the call. Once he hung up, I looked at him.

"Girlfriend?"

"None of your business Beam."

"Just trying to make conversation  you know."

I heard nothing for a line until I heard Park utter.

"Fiancee. She's my fiancee."

"Oh!" I kept quiet thereafter, unsure on what to say.

"Cat got your tongue?"

"No its just that..."

"Wondering how this asshole landed a fiancee right?"

"That too.."

"Idiot."

I chuckled.

"What do you mean by that too? What were you thinking of?"

"No, I thought you were.... you know...cos Forth and Lam.."

"Gay or bisexual?"

I nodded hesitantly, wondering if I had offended him. Then I heard his deep chuckle for the first time.

"You aren't the only one. But I'm not. Bit my parents think so, which is why they arranged my marriage. I'm supposed to marry Nung when I graduate."

"Oh.. you are ok with that?"

"Why not? I don't like anyone. Saves me the trouble of loving and getting hurt and all that shit."

"Errrr."

"Nothing against Pha. He's a nice guy... I'm just saying.."

"None taken. Im prolly one of the trouble maker ones?"

Park laughed at that and I heard him mutter, "You bet.."

I laughed! This idiotic Park would be the death of me. With that laugh, the remaining journey was abit more friendlier and calming.

When we reached his dorm, he got out. But before doing so, he turned to me and threw me a quick smile, thanking me for the ride.

Did he just....

There must be a god somewhere. I smiled involuntarily as I drove off, casually checking Park out in my rear view mirror.

.