Marella's Pov

"Phew, that's some party," Dex joked, glancing back at the door. 

"Uh, sure, yeah," Marella replied. 

But she was still sweating. 

Not from the heat. It was much colder outside the room, but because her crush was standing right in front of her. 

And they were alone. 

She wanted to be the first to confess to her crush, so she didn't need to go through the whole drama. But now that it was happening, she didn't know what to do. 

Sure, she had prepared a whole script in her head, but her mind was just a blank void with no thoughts now. 

Should she call Biana for help?

No, she told herself, I must do it now. It's now or never! 

"So...why did you bring me out here again?" Dex asked her, snapping her out of her trance. 

"Oh, uh, I actually...wanted to tell you something!" she said, her voice turning squeaky. 

Dex frowned. "Are you okay? Your voice just turned all squeaky." 

Oh no! Bad first impression! Quick, need to confess! 

"I-I," Marella started her cheeks turning redder than the blush she wore, "I....uh..." 

"Hey," Dex said, taking her hand, "you can't tell me if something's wrong, you know," 

By now, Marella's brain was screaming "HE'S HOLDING MY HAND!". She was too distracted to be thinking straight. 

But she managed to regain her sanity and took a deep breath. She shut her eyes and blurted out, "I...I like you Dex!" 

There was no response. But Marella kept talking. 

"I know it may seem shocking, coming from me, but it's true. I'm not lying and I just really want to be with you, because you're a funny and caring person. And if I'm going to be honest, I really wished you could treat me the way you treat Sophie," she blurted, squeezing her eyes harder. 

When there was still no response, Marella gathered the courage to lift an eyelide and saw Dex staring at her, jaw hanging. 

When she opened both eyes, he stepped closer, taking her other hand and whispering, "I like you too, Marella. I realised my feelings for you after I overcame my feelings for Sophie. And if you would like that attention, I'd be more than happy to give it to you." 

He then leaned in until there lips were an inch apart. Marella closed her eyes as Dex closed that space and when their lips touched, Marella felt like she was on cloud nine. It was probably the best moment in her whole life right now, and she was more than excited for the things she and Dex were going to go through together in the future.