Sky's Pov

"Hey Keefe!," Sophie greeted cheerfully, "How was the cafe'?" 

Keefe snapped out of the trance he seemed to be in and grinned, "So good! Why didn't you tell me there were cookies shaped like ELVES? I would've went there ages ago!" His voice sounded cheerful, but Sky knew behind that smile, he wanted to break down into tears seeing his shaking eyes. 

And as an Empath, she could feel Keefe trying to bury the feeling of sadness and disappointment deep down in his heart, but wasn't fast enough for Sky to not catch his hurt feelings. 

Sophie glanced at Sky and a worried crease formed between her eyebrows. "Why are you crying Sky? Did something bad happen?" she asked. 

Sky quickly rubbed the remaining tears away from her eyes with her sleeve. "O-oh. It's nothing. I'm just...not having the best day today," she assured Sophie, smiling. Sophie seemed convince because she turned back to face her friends, and happily announced that Fitz and her were a couple again, and that she realised, blah blah blah. 

Sky didn't need to hear any of what Sophie wanted to say. Because a spark of hope flared in her, when she read Sophie's emotions. She was still not feeling 'actual love' in Sophie's heart! That means....Sky stared at Sophie. 

"She still thinks she likes him...." she trailed off, mumbling to herself. 

"What?" Bryan asked, leaning down towards her. 

"Hm? Oh, it's just Sophie's emotions....it's not coming from the heart," Sky explained, gesturing to the Sophie and Fitz like showing the word, 'love'. 

"It's not true...love?" Bryan whispered and Sky nodded. 

"But how come Keefe can't sense that?" he asked again. 

"He his mind must be too clouded with emotions to think staright. I mean...you know why..." Sky trailed off, and Bryan nodded, getting the hint. 

"Let's wait until he's much calmer," Bryan suggested, and Sky nodded. As Sophie and Fitz left for their first date, Sky and Bryan headed over to their friends. As soon as they were gone, Keefe collapsed on the sofa and his smile fell as his face turned blank. And the colour totally drained. 

"Hey, are you okay?" Sky whispered in a low voice gently, careful not to scare him as she sat down next to him. 

There was no response but only a hiccup from Keefe. Pretty soon, he was sniffing and sobbing hysterically. Sky put an arm around him and patted his back while she cooed and hugged him to calm him down. By touching him, his emotions were so much stronger and it almost gave Sky the urge to cry as well. But she was done crying. She needed to stay by Keefe's side to prevent him from becoming the lost and scared boy he was behind that mask. Everyone gathered around to give him a hug, and it became one big group hug. 

After letting all his tears out, Keefe faced his friends with a grateful smile. "Thanks guys," he sniffed, wiping away a tear that had escaped his eyes, "I would be still crying if you hadn't comfort me." (Awww, Keefe!) 

"No problem, dude," Tam replied, smiling back, "Just forget about everything you just saw okay?"

Keefe nodded and the girls all gave him another hug, apologizing again for disappointing him. He assured them they didn't and everyone was satisfied. 

"Who wants some elf-cookies!" Aiden's voice came from the hallway. They looked up and saw Aiden, holding a big box of the same cookies Keefe had before. Keefe's eyes perked up and his hands went immediately to the box like it was saying, "Gimme, gimme!" 

Aiden handed him the box and Keefe grabbed one cookie. He bit into it and gave a satisfied sigh. "Guys, try this! Their amazing!" he exclaimed. Everyone there lunged to grab one ended up falling on top of each other. 

"Ow! Bangs Boy, get off me!" Keefe yelled, hunched over. 

"Sorry, now let me have one!" Tam said, grabbing a cookie and munching into it. His eyes widened and he complimented, "Wow, these ARE good." after swalllowing. Everyone certainly agreed. For the rest of that evening, they munched on cookied of different flavours, until none of them coud take any in anymore. 

"I'm not cooking dinner, just so you know," Sky informed, leaning back against the sofa head. 

"That's fine. We don't need it anyways. I'm stuffed!" Keefe replied, flopping onto the sofa with a thud, pushing it back inches away from it's original spot. 

Everyone laughed, as Keefe quickly stood up and pushed it back after seeing Sky's glare.