Chapter 6

As soon as the woman there met her gaze, she said, almost dramatically, "Well, I'm glad for one they replaced that rude waitress. Hopefully you are better."

Lewa nodded and immediately slipped into her waitress duties. "Is everything okay with you both? Do you need anything?"

At the sound of her voice, Nicklaus looked up and rested back on the seat and folded his arms across his chest as he stared at her. 

He raised a brow, "Do we need anything?" 

Lewa swallowed a lump as she stared intently at those green eyes. It was as if he was staring into her soul. Was that how he thought he captivated the women he brought here? She cleared her throat and stood her ground.

"Yes, sir." 

Nicklaus scoffed and unfolded his arms as he sat up.

"How about a bottle of something strong other than water and fruit juices and pops?"

Before Lewa could respond, the woman began to chuckle, and both Lewa and Nicklaus stared at her.

She raised a hand and her laughter subsided before she said, "Nick, come on, you don't expect this waitress to know anything about alcohol, do you? She looks like she's about to pass out just from the sound of it."

Lewa had to bite her tongue to remind herself that she needed to calm down.

Who did this cheap woman think she was?

But Lewa got the surprise of her life when Nicklaus began to speak again.

 "Why don't you let me be the judge of that, Jennifer." Nicklaus said with a frown on his face; and Lewa wondered why he spoke like that. 

Either way, she wouldn't be fooled.

But her heart skipped a reckless beat when his eyes began scanning her form. His eyes went from her face to her lower body back to her face again, and she could have sworn that she saw him gulp down hard.

Finally, he spoke after releasing what seemed like an annoyed sigh as he looked away. "I'll need a to-go box."

Lewa nodded and turned towards the woman who looked displeased. But Lewa could care less. She was glad that they were getting ready to wrap things up and leave.

"Just get me a to-go box as well, and make it quick."

Lewa nodded and immediately turned around towards the counter.

When Gina spotted her, her look held empathy.

"I know you can't wait for them to leave. Annoying folks."

Lewa just nodded and smiled at her. Gina knew her. And she was glad about that.

~~

It was almost 8 am by the time Nicklaus got done working out. He gulped down some more water before making his way out of his home gym and towards one of his bedrooms on the second floor. 

As he slid the door open, a wave of annoyance rushed through his body, replacing whatever adrenaline had been set up during his workout. 

He walked into his bedroom and without so much as a thought, pulled away the white covers from the naked woman on his bed.

Unbelievable. He thought.

As soon as the woman felt the coldness on her body, she winced and turned around to her side.

"Nick, baby, what's going on?" Her eyes were still slightly closed, but Nicklaus could care less.

He dropped his bottle on the side table.