1

Shadow's P.O.V.
I adjusted my uniform as I trudged into the commanders office. I've been getting more missions than usual, for some damn reason.

"Agent Shadow, I would like to speak to you about your rival, Sonic." The commander informed me once I stepped into his office.

"What is it now?" I sighed.

"I've got another mission for you."

"Make it quick," I crossed my arms.

"I've noticed that your rival Sonic is quite the
heroic type. He could promote us well." He explained, "I thought that maybe you could convince him to work for us somehow."

"How would I do that? Sonic would never kill someone and you know it." I rolled my eyes.

"We're not going to force him. We're going to give him a choice." The commander replied.

"He's still not going to work for us," I argued.

"That's where you come in. We want you to make Sonic fall in love with you. Everyone knows that he will do anything for someone that he loves." The commander explained.

"What the fuck?" I yelled, "I'm his rival, how the fuck would I even do that?" I asked him.

He finishes off by saying, "I'm sure it can't be that hard. Your mission starts tomorrow."

I angrily stormed out of his office. I've always hated Sonic. Everyone knows that. Why does he have to pick me out of all people to do it?

Sonic's P.O.V.
I was startled awake to the sound of loud banging on my door.

I quickly sat up before stretching and opening the door for whoever it was. To my surprise, it was Shadow.

"Hey! What are you doing here?" I asked him while leaning against the doorway.

"I wanted to ask you something." He said, looking away from me.

I tilted my head in curiosity at his words.

"What did you need?" I asked him.

He looked at me before saying, "Do you want  to go out and eat somewhere together?"

I looked at him a bit shocked.

"Are you trying to trick me?" I smirked.

He shook his head and crossed his arms.

"I'm not trying to do anything." He rolled his eyes before looking away from me again.

"Well, that's surprising." I chuckled lowly.

"Don't ruin your chances." He growled.

"Okay, okay." I put my hands up. Shadow just scoffed before walking off. I chased after him.

"Wait! Are we still going out to eat?" I walked in front of him, making him stop in his tracks.

"Where do you think we're going?" He pushed me out of the way before walking off again.

I followed him as we continued walking until we reached the city. Shadow brought me into some fancy restaurant.

"This place is nice." I smiled at him as I sat down. He sat across from me, ignoring me, until a waitress came and took our order.

We talked to each other for hours. I slowly began to realize that Shadow was better than what people made him out to be.

I was listening to Shadow telling me about something that happened on one of his missions once until I took a bite out of some chicken and felt my mouth start burning.

"Ah! The food is hot!" I shouted, fanning my mouth with my hands. He started laughing at me before handing me his glass of water.

I quickly started drinking it before setting the glass back down onto the table. My mouth was still burning. I notice a small bowl on the table next to my food and started drinking it.

"Sonic," I heard Shadow say.

"What?" I asked him, slightly lifting my head up from the bowl filled with water.

"That bowl...it's used to wash your hands."

I immediately spit out the water back into the bowl, almost dropping it on the floor. Shadow came over to me and started taking me out of the restaurant, constantly laughing.

"This is the worst day of my life." I groaned.

"It could be worse." He said, covering his mouth to hide that he was still laughing.

"Be quiet already," I said, starting to laugh along with him. But despite everything that happened, I had a good time with Shadow.