13

3rd person P.O.V.
"Open your eyes..."

Sonic slowly opened his eyes, taking in his surroundings. It was a beautiful view; trees and flowers surrounded the area, along with the moonlight reflecting off the lake water.

"Shadow..." Sonic looked back at him, "How did you even find this place?"

"I came across this place during one of my missions with Rouge." Shadow hugged Sonic from behind and kissed his cheek.

"This place is beautiful. I have never came across it on any of my runs." Sonic smiled.

"But it will never be as beautiful as you." Shadow complimented, kissing his neck.

"I love you too, but stop doing that." Sonic chuckled and turned around to face him.

"I love you." Shadow stared into his emerald eyes, "You are everything to me." He leaned in and kissed Sonic on the lips. While he was doing that, his hand secretly reached into his pocket, pulling out the gun.

"I will always love you..." Shadow whispered softly into his ear while stroking his quills.

Shadow slowly brought the gun to his head, putting his finger on the trigger. But as he was about to shoot Sonic, he stopped himself.

"I'm sorry..." Shadow muttered, letting go of Sonic. The blue hedgehog tilted his head in confusion, "What are you talking about?"

"I have been lying to you." Shadow looked away from Sonic, "Our relationship is—"

"A lie." A familiar voice interrupted him.

"What?" Sonic gave them a confused look.

"Shadow has been lying to you about your relationship." Rouge walked up to them.

"Shadow," Sonic glanced back at him, "What the hell is she talking about?"

Rouge sighed, "He is using you. Shadow only started dating you to manipulate you into working for our company. I cannot stand by and let it happen anymore." She averted her gaze towards Shadow before saying, "I know that you were planning to kill him."

"What the hell is going on?" Sonic asked, looking confused and upset.

Rouge stole the gun from Shadows hands and held it up in front of Sonic, "This."

"Why did you have that?" Sonic asked him.

"The commander ordered him to kill you, since it was useless trying to convince you to work for our company willingly." Rouge dropped the gun down on the ground.

"Shadow..." Sonic muttered, "Is that true?"

"This was not supposed to happen." Shadow sighed, "But I still love you, Sonic. Nothing is ever going to change that."

"Stop trying to manipulate him!" Rouge shouted and stood between them.

"I am not lying to him!" Shadow argued.

"If you loved Sonic, you would have never tried killing him!" Rouge scoffed.

"I was trying to protect him!"

"Killing him is not protecting him!"

"I was not going to kill him!"

"Stop fucking lying!"

"Guys!" Sonic shouted, "Cut it out!"

"Whatever." Rouge grabbed his hand, "I am taking you home, away from him."

"He is my boyfriend." Shadow growled.

"Until you can prove that you actually love him, he is not your boyfriend." Rouge rolled her eyes and began walking Sonic home.

Shadow scoffed and teleported home.

Sonic's P.O.V.
"Do you need anything?" Rouge asked, sitting down next to me on the couch.

"It's fine." I assured, smiling.

"I know when you are upset." Rouge said.

"It's nothing." I looked down at my legs and avoided eye contact, "I guess that I just did not expect that from Shadow."

"I'm sorry." Rouge rubbed my back, "You deserve better than that."

"I should have listened to Tails." I sighed.

"You will find someone else." Rouge said.

"That is the thing..." I looked up at her, "I'm afraid that no one else will be like him."

"Everything will be fine." Rouge assured and hugged me, "I hate seeing you cry."

I'm crying?

I placed my hand on my cheek, feeling my fur slightly damp. Damn it...

"Rouge..." I mumbled lowly, "Can you please not tell anybody else about this?"

"Of course." Rouge rubbed my back.

"Thank you..." I muttered.

Rouge pulled away from the hug, "You will find someone better than him."

I nodded, wiping my tears with my sleeve.

"Again, I'm sorry. It is my fault for not doing something sooner." Rouge apologized.

"It's fine.." I spoke lowly.

Rouge nodded, "Well, I'm going to go talk with Shadow. Will you be okay being alone here for a while?" She placed a hand on mine.

"Yeah." I nodded, "You can leave."

"Okay. Stay out of trouble, Sonic." She stood up and ruffled my quills before leaving.

Now I'm alone...

Again.