10

Sonic's P.O.V.
My ear twitched at hearing the door shut. Footsteps could be heard coming from the stairs before Shadow opened the door.

"What's wrong?" I questioned him.

"Nothing." He sighed, taking off his jacket.

"Come here." I stood up from the bed and kissed his cheek, cupping his face.

He smiled and kissed me on the lips.

"You should ask for a break." I suggested.

Shadow shook his head and sat down on the bed, "That would be like asking for a raise."

"But we rarely spend time together because you are always at work." I pointed out.

"I know, I have just been stressing out over a mission that I was assigned." Shadow said, averting his gaze away from me.

"Shadow..." I sighed, "I wanted to ask you about something." I spoke lowly.

"What?" Shadow glanced up at me.

"It has been a long time since we went on a date. I thought maybe you could take some time off work, even just one day—"

"No, Sonic." Shadow replied, "You need to realize that my job is important."

"Oh," I frowned, "How about next week?"

"Forget it, Sonic. I won't be able to go on a date with you anytime soon." Shadow stood up and left the room.

"Asshole." I mumbled under my breath.

"I heard that."

"Good for you!"

3rd person P.O.V.
Sonic began heading downstairs and grabbed his jacket. He opened the front door before Shadow suddenly grabbed his wrist.

"Where are you going?" Shadow asked.

"None of your business." Sonic growled, yanking his arm away from him.

"Whatever." Shadow rolled his eyes, "Be back before nine. Or else." He tugged on the blue hedgehogs ear. Sonic growled in annoyance.

"Fuck you." Sonic slammed the door and left.

Sonic dashed towards the forest. His eyes settled upon a tree. Sitting down, his eyes scanned the landscape.

"Asshole." Sonic grumbled, recalling the events from earlier. It was his first argument with Shadow since they had started dating.

"Asshole..." Sonic yawned. His eyes began closing as his body became tired. The blue hedgehog leaned back on the tree, his head turning to the side as his eyes closed.

Hours Later...

Shadow's P.O.V.
"Fuck." I cursed, jamming my hands into my pockets as cold air suddenly hit my face.

Sonic has been gone for four hours and it was freezing cold outside. Yet I knew why he went outside. He wanted to avoid me.

"Mhm..." I heard soft whining coming from behind me which interrupted my thoughts.

I turned around and saw Sonic sleeping against a tree, hugging himself for warmth.

"Sonic! Damn it." I lifted him up into my arms. His entire body was trembling.

I sighed and teleported back to his house.

I brought Sonic to the bed, lifting the blanket over him. His trembling ceased slightly.

I sat down next to him and caressed his cheek with the backside of my hand. His ear twitched as he began purring.

"I still love you." I kissed his cheek, rubbing his back. His body slowly became warmer.

I took off my jacket and shoes before turning the lamp off. I lifted the covers and scooted into bed next to him. My hands wrapped around his waist, pulling him closer to me.

"Goodnight." I kissed his forehead.

Sonic's P.O.V.
I woke up with a slight headache.

"Shadow..." I tried getting out of his tight hold, "Let go of me."

"No." His face dug into the crook of my neck.

"I'm serious." I groaned.

"I'm not letting you go anywhere after the shit you pulled last night." Shadow mumbled.

"It's not my fault. You were being an asshole last night. I didn't want to be near you." I roll my eyes, sitting up on his lap.

Shadow grabbed my hips, keeping me in place, "You were being a brat."

"Shut up." I growled, flicking his nose.

"I still love you." Shadow grabbed my hand and sat up, kissing me on the lips.

I pulled away from the kiss, "Asshole."

"Brat." Shadow chuckled, kissing my neck.

"Stop that." I laughed, "You're tickling me."

"I love you too much." Shadow stopped, nuzzling into the crook of my neck.

"I love you too, but I have to pee."

"You pee a lot for someone with a short—"

"Shadow!"