An Indecent Proposal

RICHARD stood at the same spot every day at exactly ten AM waiting for a certain young woman to appear at the construction site.

But she never visited again.

Ricky tried to ask Alexander, the gorgeous woman's brother, why she missed sending him lunch when everyone had told him that Alessa always goes to the site to give her brother's lunchbox.

"My sister's in Manila, Sir."

Oh, that explains it.

Richard found himself in his helicopter heading to the goddamned city.

According to Lex's fellow workers, Alessa and her brother were wealthy before. The thing is that their company eventually succumbed to bankruptcy because of missing funds. There's also this gossip that Lex's father has been stealing the money.

But Richard had a hard time believing the news. Naging kaibigan na niya ang binata at minsan nitong nai-kuwento na mababait ang mga magulang nito.

When Richard's helicopter landed on the helipad of his company's building, he immediately headed to his office which is designed with wooden furniture and a plain white marble floor.

His assistant, Mr. Cruz, followed him inside and waited for orders.

"Call Ms. Alessandra Trivano. Tell her I have an offer."

"KASAL?!" Napatayo si Alessa nang wala sa oras nang marinig ang alok ni Mr. Chang.

Ang buong inakala pa naman ng dalaga ay may alok itong trabaho kaya ni-contact siya ng assistant nitong si Mr. Cruz.

"I like you, Ms. Trivano. You're pretty."

She scoffed upon hearing the news. "Sir, you can't just marry me because I'm pretty. Good god, is this a prank?"

Richard's monolid eyes regarded her with humor and fascination. "Miss—"

"Alessa, Sir. Call me Alessa."

Her name sounded ethereal, too. "Right. The reason why I offered you marriage is to help you. I can help you pay those debts that your parents left behind. Your brother can also go back to his research with technologies and I'll support him throughout his journey."

Alessa firmly closed her eyes, her skin glowed radiantly with hues of pink scattered on her cheeks. Richard smiled. She really is beautiful.

It might be ridiculous for offering a stranger a marriage of convenience but for him, it was the only way to have Alessa.

He looked average, to say the least. The only thing that looked agreeable to his features was his white complexion—which Filipinos strive to achieve—and his lean body. Aside from those, he pretty much looked like the average Asian bachelor.

But she, on the other hand, looked phenomenal. She was the most beautiful woman he had ever laid his eyes upon.

Richard is wealthy because he worked hard for it...so that he could get anything he wants.

And he wanted her.

Her deep-set eyes warmed at his offer. "Sorry, Sir. I can't just take advantage of you. Your kind and—"

He stood up before the woman could finish her sentence. "No, the exact opposite, Ms. Trivano. I'm the one who's taking advantage of the situation."

He closed the distance between them with long strides, then his hand reached for her hand. "I want you to be my wife the moment I first saw you."

She stared at him bewildered. Then, her thickly-lashed eyes gleamed with moisture. "You really find me pretty?"

Alessa had thought that her years in poverty made a drastic change in her appearance. She didn't know that a man could find her beautiful even when she didn't have her usual facial treatment or her perm.

This man is sweet, she thought. How can someone have low self-esteem? He's pretty good-looking himself with his features: his expressive eyes and the wickedness in his smile.

Her body tingled when his hand started to reach for her cheek. She gulped.

"Say yes, Alessa."

She sighed. "Can I think about your offer? I'll let Mr. Cruz know of my answer."

Richard smiled, then his gaze traveled to the redness of her plump lips.

She took a sharp breath as a ripple of awareness shot throughout her system. Alessa subconsciously licked her lips when she noticed that they were dry.

"Pwede ba ako halik?"

Alessa giggled at his attempt to speak her first language. "Sorry, you sounded so adorable."

He frowned. "Was it? I've been learning tagalog since I was a kid. Medyo mahirap pero ako sumusubok."

Alessa's heart warmed at that. "It will help if you speak it often. If you want, you can speak Tagalog when you're talking to me."

His face beamed with delight. "So, you're serious when you said you'll think about my offer?"

Alessa's cheeks glowed bright pink. "I can't just let you slip from my grasp, can I?"

He smiled again, releasing a throaty chuckle at her bashful face.