Small World | Chapter 1

(TW FOR GORE FOR THE WHOLE THE STORY)

You're walking home from your retail job at Soul Halloween (ifykyk XD), you've just closed up for the night and decide that you're going straight home, no spooky movies or trick or treating this year. It's halloween today  and you're simply out of it; ever since Streber, your roommate, got his arm torn off by some crazy devil guy last year both of you decided to leave it be.  You continued to stroll home, humming the tune to your favorite song.

While you were walking, you hear a small rustle in the bushes alongside the sidewalk, but decide to leave it be. After about 10 minutes you arrive at your rental house. You grabbed your keys out of the small bag you carried with you, fumbling slightly before unlocking the shabby wooden door. You set your bag down and walk to the back of the house towards your room as you hear a thumping noise behind you.

You spin around to find Streber standing behind you. "Oh hey Streber, you kinda spooked me." you waved lightly and smile. "Sorry about that Y/N! I just wanted to ask if you wanted to go see Kevin at the candy shop with me? I was gonna visit him." You contemplated about what to do but you decided you were too tired. "No thanks, but tell Kevin I said hi." You turned back around and opened your bedroom door.

"Ok then! I'll be back around 11:30!" he waved with his remaining arm and walked out the door, closing and locking it behind him. You walk into your room and close the door, sighing heavily. You yawn and walk into the bathroom, examining yourself  in the mirror for about 2 minutes before turning on the shower and undressing.

After you've finished your shower you get out and put on some pajama pants and an old t-shirt. You brush your teeth and dry your hair with a towel, making sure to dry it off enough so you can lay in your bed. You practically flop onto your bed, tired from the day and all the annoying little kids asking about the dumb Ooga Booga masks that just went on sale.

After a bit of staring up at the ceiling you decide to get on your phone and scroll through social media. You scrolled for about 20 minutes before coming upon a news article saying that the serial cannibal Bob Velseb was on the loose and escaped from prison, again. 

You remember a few years ago first hearing about his murders, the victims were viciously mutilated; whole appendages torn away from their body, and guts strewn about their bodies. You shivered and began to scroll again. After going through what seems your whole feed, you get up and walk into the small kitchen, searching through the pantry and fridge for a snack you finally come across a single orange.

As you begin to peel the skin back you hear a thud coming from the small basement under your living room. Your kitchen is open and you can just walk past the counters and to the door to the basement in said living room. As you continue to peel the orange you hear another, louder thud. You start becoming more aware of your surroundings; you're alone in your house, in the dark, with absolutely no protection and your phone is sitting on your bed in your room that's about 5 paces away from the kitchen.

The thuds begin to get louder, as if someone very heavy was walking up the stairs. You step back slightly and decide to do the stupid thing and hide behind the counter, effectively cornering yourself. You hear the door open and you freeze. Someone was really in your house.

(645 words!!)

Thank you all so much for reading this, it's my first story and I'm very excited to finish it!