Almost Summer

Y/N isn't gonna save the gatcha cringe like she saved Evan 🤚

     T.W: Underage drinking plus mentions of a car crash

     Mike's POV

     It was about a week since I told the class about my vitiligo and Y/N her blue hair. A shit ton of kids would pull on her hair in the halls between classes to see if it was a wig or not so she just started wearing her long hair in a tight bun to avoid that happening. Her mom was equally confused when she saw it but just accepted it. Mr. W's 5th block class was supportive about the abnormalities we had so I started to let the white hair show more. There were some jerks that began teasing me about it but they were scared of Y/N so she solved that problem quickly. I just had to go one more day until I could be free of this hell hole for two months. Y/N says she's been waiting for this moment since August and I couldn't blame her. She also noticed a patch of milky white skin forming above one of my eyes and another on the top on my head; little did she know all of the patches on my face I cover up. Though ith how the vitiligo patches change over time it didn't surprise me if new ones were forming. And as long I have supportive people to help me I'm good with being more open about it. Y/N says people shouldn't like me for just my looks but my personality. She's probably right.

'Hey Mike!' Y/N said through our thoughts.
'What is it?' I asked.
'I'm done with my last exams! Finally! And I'm exempt from tomorrow's exams so I'm happy!' She sounded happy. I was also exempt from tomorrow's exams except English. If I hadn't skipped that one day I could have been out of here. So I did have to come to school tomorrow but hey I could just zone off and talk to Y/N so it won't be that bad. The bell chimed and everyone ran out of the building at
godspeed. Y/N and I walked and were some of the last people out but did we care? No not really. "Hey Mike, I've been meaning to ask you something. I've been forgetting to a lot though."
     "What is it Y/N?" I asked the blue headed girl.
     "My family and I are going up up to our cabins in Oregon. I was wondering if you would join me. My friend Emily couldn't join me so I thought you might want to. We've already talked to your dad about it. We'll be up there for a couple weeks. We'll be leaving tomorrow afternoon." She said. "Would you be ok tailgating? We have that camper shell thing that goes over the bed so we'll be riding in comfort. We also have blankets and snacks in there so we should be good." I nodded. She climbed into my truck and we drove to my house. Dad had my stuff packed and Evan ran up and hugged me goodbye. Apparently, I was going to stay over with the L/Ns and they'd drop me off and pick me up from school. I was good with that. I grabbed the suitcase the two packed for me and said my farewells to the two. I didn't remember why I went to my home but I was probably going to see if Y/N could stay over. We got back in the truck and drove to her house.

     Timeskip

      Y/N's POV

     We picked up Mike from school and he climbed in the tailgate. He didn't have his backpack so I guessed he left it in his locker.
     "Sal's riding with his dad." I said to him. I was sitting in the piles of blankets and pillows that were stacked in the corner. The telephone rang and I picked it up.
     "You ready?" Mom's voice said.
     "Yep!" I responded. I hung up and looked at Mike as the truck started moving. "We have a quick phone line connected up there to here." He nodded and scooted over to me. I lay my head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arm around my waist. It was a hot day so I decided to take off my shirt and he looked at me like I was insane. "Chill. You've seen me shirtless before Mike." I said.
     "Yeah but still. You've said it multiple times, I'm a horny teenager." He said. I nodded and lay my head on his shoulder again and he wrapped his arm around me. I reached next to me and turned on the radio. The song For What It's Worth began playing. It was one of Mike's favorite 1960's protest songs. Mike was humming the lyrics and I was to.