4- Move Forward

"Inosuke, focus up! This entire train in the demon, he somehow morphed and fused himself with the train. Nezuko's on carriage control for the main carriage where Zenitsu, Rengoku-san and Sakura-san are still asleep. But she needs help guarding the other carriages if she wants to focus on protecting those three solely" Tanjiro explains to Inosuke.

"I got it!" Inosuke says confidently.

"Zenitsu and Rengoku-san could wake up at any point but I think Sakura-san is trapped in some kind of sleeping spell" Tanjiro says as he walks over to Inosuke.

"So that means Samba can't defend herself anymore which means she's weaker than me and I'm stronger than her!" Inosuke says happily.

"Is that really all you're thinking about right now?" Tanjiro asks as he looks at Inosuke.

"Of course it is" Inosuke says like it's obvious.

Inosuke jumps back down into the carriage, "Kozune!".

He's not even trying to get my name right anymore.

Nezuko tells herself as she turns around to look at him.

"You should focus on the carriage with Monitsu, Sakura and Gorenku. Turnip and I will defend the others" Inosuke says as he walks to Nezuko.

So he only gets other people's names right when he knows they're stronger than him?

Nezuko questions as she nods so Inosuke knows she understands. Inosuke runs off as Tanjiro jumps down, Nezuko running to him and hugging him.

"Look after them for me Nezuko" Tanjiro says as Nezuko nods.

Tanjiro runs off so Nezuko is in the middle of Tanjiro who is defending the front carts and Inosuke is defending the back carts. The cart starts to come alive as it tries to attack the other people but Nezuko swipes at the creature, butting the tentacles off, kicking through others. One tries to go for Sakura as Nezuko tries to kill it, only for her to be grabbed by other tentacles and be held back.

"Thunder breathing, first form, thunderclap and flash" Nezuko hears Zenitsu say from nearby as Zenitsu gets up.

He throws himself from the middle of the train to the back of the train to the front of the train and back to the middle of the train as he cuts as many tentacles as he can.

"Was that lightning?" Inosuke asks from his cart.

"Is Rengoku-san awake?" Tanjiro asks from his cart.

Zenitsu lands in front of Nezuko as Nezuko looks at him in shock, "Nezuko-chan, Sakura-san, I will protect you both" Zenitsu says as he puts his sword back in its sheath.

Zenitsu gets up as he walks over to Sakura, placing a hand atop her head.

"I promise you Sakura-san, I will get you out of there" Zenitsu says as he takes off to go protect the other carts.

So much for protecting Sakura-san and I.

Nezuko tells herself as she rolls her eyes, going back to fighting.

It's so cramped, I can barely find room to swing at full power.

Nezuko tells herself as a large tentacle goes behind her to attack Kyojuro when Nezuko feels an intense heat from behind her. She turns around and sees Kyojuro awake, walking towards her.

"To think that all of this was happening whilst I was dozing... how could this be?" Kyojuro questions as he swings his sword at some small tentacles, cutting them, "I'm ashamed as a Hashira. If only I could crawl under a rock!".

Kyojuro flies past Nezuko and cuts some tentacles which were about to cut Nezuko. Kyojuro walks over to Nezuko as he smiles at her, putting a hand on her head, "thanks for protecting me whilst I was asleep" Kyojuro says as Nezuko grunts confidently.

Kyojuro kneels down in front of Sakura as he puts a hand up against her forehead, "she's burning up" Kyojuro examines, "she's trapped in there with whatever's keeping her there. Baby Kamado, you've done a good job protecting us until now. You're an amazing demon. The train has eight carts in total, I will protect the last five, you and the lightning boy will be protecting the three at the front. Now, I must leave but I will send Zenitsu your way".

Nezuko nods as Kyojuro takes off.

--- in Sakura's nightmare ---

"You're getting weaker" Sakura says with a smirk as she approaches Muzan who is struggling to get up from the ground.

"That's not it, you're just getting stronger" Muzan says as he props himself up with one arm as he tries to regrow the other.

"I can sense everything's going smooth with my demon slayers but I can't say the same for that little dream demon of yours. Don't you think you should go help him?" Sakura taunts as she cuts off the arm he's using to balance himself with.

"I do not fear that my lower rank is losing, they're just a decoy anyways. The real deal will be joining the fight soon enough" Muzan says with a smirk.

"The upper one? The immortal samurai? Oh no!" Sakura says sarcastically, "come on Muzan, how many times have I fought the corpse and he ran off cos he was scared of my power huh? Send whatever rank demon you want, I can beat them. You know that. I've torn through your twelve kizuki from lower rank six to upper rank four how many times now?".

"For your information, upper rank one is off on business but someone strong enough to beat those four is on their way to the train" Muzan says as he stands up finally, "once they've been defeated, I'll bring you to the infinity castle".

"Don't you dare underestimate the will and power of the Flame Hashira Kyojuro Rengoku. Nor should your underestimate my three Tsuguko" Sakura says as she folds her arms.

"Oh and don't worry your pretty little head. The Nezuko child can come alongside you. Maybe she can fight her way into the upper ranks and become a powerful demon" Muzan taunts.

"And now you die!" Sakura says as she runs straight at Muzan.

Sakura swipes for Muzan's neck but it's no use as her blade won't go through it.

"You've devoured more humans" Sakura says as she looks at him.

"How did you know?" Muzan asks as he swipes for her.

"My white blade never misses so you've stocked up on your feed in the past few months" Sakura says as she jumps backwards.

"You're right. After our run-in in Tokyo, I got scared of how weak I had become so I ordered my demons to bring me some more marechi" Muzan explains as he goes to grab Sakura.

"I can't believe that you're admitting you've gotten weaker" Sakura says as she grabs Muzan's arm and she flips him over.

"Only the strongest can admit they've become weaker" Muzan says as he gets up.

"That was a cringey line" Sakura says as Muzan falls to the ground, clutching his head.

Sakura starts to slowly approach Muzan, not letting her guard down, "you good?" Sakura asks, her tone quite taunting.

"Enmu was defeated" Muzan says as he looks down.

"I'm guessing that was your measly lower rank" Sakura says as she crouches down.

"Yeah it was. But it's no bother. An upper rank will be there soon and as long as I defeat you in this dream, you'll stay asleep" Muzan says as he throws his arm out, hitting Sakura with the same energy he did back in Tokyo.

--- on the train ---

Kyojuro slices through all of the tentacles just as the train starts to derail. Sakura's eyes snap open for a second as they glow red. Kyojuro runs to where Sakura is as he grabs Sakura and holds her close as he shuts his eyes as well. The train is engulfed in a red liquid as it falls from the rails, hitting the ground, flipping over a few times.