6- Set Your Heart Ablaze

"Don't die on me" Akaza says, "even if you fight until you die, you won't be able to win. The slashes you inflicted on me have already healed. Now, are you the same? A smashed left eye, broken ribs and damaged internal organs. If you were a demon, you'd be able to heal all of those injuries within seconds. Those would be mere scratches for a demon. You can struggle all you want, but a human can never beat a demon".

Flames appear from around Kyojuro as a more confident smile than usual appears on his face. Tanjiro and Inosuke are taken aback by Kyojuro's power as Akaza beams with happiness.

"Why?" Akaza asks as Kyojuro raises his sword and prepares his stance.

"I will fulfil my duty" Kyojuro yells, "I will not allow anyone to die".

I'll damage his body as much as I can in an instant.

Kyojuro tells himself.

"Flame breathing, esoteric art" Kyojuro says as flames fly out from underneath his feet.

"You have such an amazing fighting spirit. You have an amazing aura despite all of your injuries. That mental strength, an airtight stance. You must become a demon after all!" Akaza yells, "we should fight each other for all eternity!".

Set your heart ablaze! Go beyond your limits. You are the Flame Hashira!

Kyojuro tells himself.

Use the technique Sakura-san gave you. The one she created, the one she added to Flame Breathing. She made it for you, use it!

Kyojuro tells himself as he breathes out heavily.

"Flame breathing, ninth form, Rengoku!" Kyojuro yells as he launches himself at Akaza.

"Destructive death, annihilation type" Akaza says.

Kyojuro slices through Akaza's arm as Akaza laughs. Kyojuro withdraws his sword and slices through Akaza's neck as Akaza hits Kyojuro's sword down, making it go down through his torso. Kyojuro changes the swords direction as he brings it back up straight through Akaza's face, creating a huge flame funnel. Inosuke and Tanjiro look out for Kyojuro when they finally see him, only to find that Akaza has his arm through Kyojuro's stomach.

"Rengoku-san!" Tanjiro yells as Inosuke falls to his knees.

--- in Sakura's nightmare ---

Sakura continues to fight Muzan when she feels something pierce her heart. She shuts her eyes as she sees the image of Akaza with his fist through Kyojuro's stomach.

"Kyojuro" Sakura says as she falls to the ground, her entire body shaking.

"Can you finally see?" Muzan asks as he approaches Sakura, "my upper moons have gained considerable amounts of strength, even a Hashira cannot defeat them".

Sakura stands up as she breathes out, "twilight breathing, first form, shattering dusk" Sakura says as she runs at Muzan.

"No!" Muzan yells as Sakura cuts Muzan up into millions of tiny pieces.

Sakura falls to her knees as she starts to fall asleep.

The minute you wake up, grab your sword and get to Akaza before he can run.

Sakura tells herself as she shuts her eyes.

--- in reality ---

"You'll die, this will kill you Kyojuro. What happening right now will kill you. Become a demon" Akaza says desperately, "tell me, say to me that you'll become a demon. You're the chosen one".