13: Where I Want To Be

Waking up slowly to the glimmer of the sunlight, I stretch as slowly as I can without waking Jordan.

Brushing the hair away from his eyes I watch as he avoids the sun.

Chuckling at the site I slowly lift him off of me.

Freeing myself I head to the bathroom to brush my teeth and get ready for a new era.

Looking at myself in the mirror I can clearly see that I'm not the same person I was before any war started.

Whether it's good or bad I still have to decide but as long as I'm alive with the people I care about, I don't care what that makes me.

Stepping back into the room Jordan is finally awake.

Smiling at each other he gets up and heads to the bathroom, ruffling my hair before closing the door.

Through the door he says, "how long have we been asleep for?"

Looking at the time I say, "well it's four twenty-four so I'd say half a day"

"Half a day? Jesus, it was pretty good though so I won't complain" he says finishing up and walking out.

Before I can say anything someone knocks on the door.

Opening the door it's Bruno holding two plates of food in his hands.

"Finally you two are awake, here you go and when you're done meet with Aurora in the main hall," he says handing over the plates.

Closing the door I hand one plate to Jordan and we eat the newly prepared food on the bed.

"Guess things got better quickly if they were able to make this," he says digging in.

He's right, just yesterday we were running out of food and supplies and then this appears. But hey I won't complain about it.

Once we finish up we head down to the main hall to find Aurora.

Walking past the windows I can see that they've already started to rebuild the city and the farms on the outskirts.

"Hey Aurora, what's up," I say getting her attention.

"Jordan, Adam, I'm so happy to see you guys," she says with excitement.

"Same here, need anything?" Jordan says and she thinks for a second.

"Yeah I asked Bruno to call you two here once you woke up, I just need one of you to help me get these supplies to the people and one of you to help the others build our celebration center," she says as she packs up meals in boxes.

"A celebration center?" I repeat and she nods.

"Yeah, I figured we celebrate a lot so why not make a building out of it and we just won this war so that's another thing to celebrate" she continues.

"Well, in that case, I will stay and help you, have fun Adam," Jordan says jokingly and I mock him.

Before I head out I can hear Aurora asking Jordan about us. She doesn't waste any time.

Walking out of the castle I go around and look for the celebration center where Aurora said it will be.

Finally finding it I hear Vera and Naomi calling out to me.

"You guys need help?" I ask and they point at the pile of planks a few feet away.

Carrying it back I bring out my wings and fly onto the roof.

Looking at me shocked I say, "it's a long story"

Helping to put out the foundations of the building we get down once it's done.