Chapter 36

I flattened out my uniform in mirror.

"My little girl is having her first competition today!" Dad barged into my room "look at you!" He cupped my face "you look adorable" he hugged me tightly

"Thank you" I laughed.
"Are you ready for today?" He asked.
"Dad you asked me this at breakfast" I said.
"Yes I know, but still" he smiled.
"I'm fine, I feel ready" I smiled.
"Great, great" he looked around awkwardly.
"What is it?" I asked.
"I'm getting the feeling that Michael was talking about" he said "of course I'm happy and confident that you will do well, but I'm terrified if you get hurt"
"There is probably a 30% chance I don't end up injured" I said and his face fell "dad this is just part of the sport, I'm literally risking my life and wellbeing for a little medal at the end" I laughed and he looked horrified "remember I was a sad little girl when I devoted my life to this" I patted his arm.
"Why couldn't you get into something like dancing?" He sighed.
"I tried, I was angry not passionate" I said "it's a stress reliever"
"And therapy wasn't?" He asked.
"Therapy wasn't making me money" I answered.
"Your therapy session went well yesterday right?" He asked.
"Yeah it went great, she was nice as usual" I shrugged.
"Did you get to calm down a bit?" Dad rubbed my back.
"Yeah, she gave me a list of things to do before our session next week" I gestured them on my board.
"Alright then" dad awkwardly laughed "good luck again baby" he kissed my forehead "we'll all be there cheering you on"
"Thank you" I smiled "you really have nothing to worry about, no matter what happens, I'll be fine"
"Ok sweetie" he exhaled "I'm trusting you here"

"Ok I'm here!" We heard Michael come into the house.
"Good morning" I walked down to him "you ok?" I noticed how stressed he looked.
"Yeah yeah I'm fine" he nodded "I just thought I was late"
"No you are late but it's fine" I smiled.
"Ok quickly get into the car" he rushed me.
"Ok bye everyone!" I yelled and ran outside. We quickly got into the car and he sped towards school.

~time skip~

I walked into school with Michael trailing behind me. We walked into the gym and the team was sitting around.
"I'm so sorry for being late" Micheal walked over to coach "I was late picking her up"
"It is absolutely fine" Coach smiled "we're not going to be leaving for another while, I just need to make sure everyone was here" he sighed me in "are you ready for the tournament N/n?" He asked.
"I'm kinda nervous" I smiled "but I'm fine" I sat with the boys "how are you guys feeling?"
"Lowkey shitting myself" Braydon chuckled "but we will do fine" he dabbed me up.
"Exactly we'll do absolutely amazing" I smiled "plus my grandparents said if we do good then they'll buy us fancy dinner"
"See that's really motivation" Logan stated and we chuckled.
"Yeah we need to do good" Blake agreed "I need to experience a real fancy dinner" the team agreed.

I watched Michael and Coach talk while the team laughed.
"Wait!" My friend group busted into the room.
"Oh you're still here" Rider said.
"Yeah we leave in 20 minutes" Coach said.
"Oh, well we wanted to say good luck" Nathan said "most of our year is going to watch the finals after school, we hope to see you there" he winked.
"We'll be cheering you guys on" Stephanie smiled "like we made posters and everything"
"Aw that's so sweet" I smiled.
"Of course we did" Ciara sat between my legs "we were up late finishing them off" she leaned back on me "I'm drained"
"I appreciate your hard work" I wrapped my arms at her waist "thank you" I rested my head on her shoulder. I watched her ear flare up to a bright pink colour.
"N/n you need to spare her" Stephanie laughed "she's going to pass out"
"Do not ruin this for me" Ciara whispered to her.