Chapter 4

Wondering around the school premises might have not been the best idea, especially since I am now lost in the woods. How does one do such a thing? Well, it's quite easy you get a feeling, and you follow it. Even if it leads you into the middle of nowhere. 

I continue to follow this feeling and after a few twists and turns I am meet with what seems to be a run-down building the school must own. 

I look around to make sure my surroundings are good before I start to venture into this mysterious building.

I know, great start to a horror movie. Eh... I'm not afraid of a killer, my roommate is one.

I open the door and am met with canvases taking up almost every square inch. Some of the canvases are covered, others are empty, but there are a few that are done or close to it. I gently push the door to where there is just a crack open before I take a step towards the canvas on the easel. 

I take a good look at the canvas. A creature drawn in charcoal. Its eyes protrude from its strangely shaped head, sharp teeth baring from its mouth, the detailing is incredible. It truly looks like it could reach out and grab me.

"What are you doing in here?" A voice startles me. I turn around sharply to see who I've been caught by. Xavier Thorpe.

"Is this all yours?" I ask.

"I asked first, what are you doing in here?" He asks again.

"I got lost and found this place." I answer vaguely.

He takes a few steps closer to me and I step back as an unconscious reaction to where I am almost touching the easel. He leans in and reaches behind me. A gasp gets caught in my throat. He pulls back, now with something in his hand. The charcoal. 

"Yes, this is all mine. This however isn't done yet."

I take a step to the side to no longer block the canvas and I clear my throat. 

"Oh... well I think it's great. Slightly creepy, but truly amazing." I tell him. 

His face turns pink, and he looks away. Good to know I am not the only one.

"You must be the tortured artist." I say to fill the silence.

He smirks and responds, "You must be the Good little Angel."

"Actually, my name is Angelica." I say and turn my head away from him, so he doesn't notice the sudden redness creeping on my cheeks. 

"I know, Angel." He replies.

I slowly make my way back to the door. "I have to get going, I have to meet Enid in our room."

"Okay Angel, I hope to see you again soon." He says and then turns to the canvas.

"You will." I reply fast and quickly leave, shutting the door behind me. I stand there for a second to take a deep breath. 

Maybe this place won't be so bad after all. 

A sneak peak of Angelica and Xaiver. I'm excited for what is planned! ;)