Chapter 2

My grandmother said her goodbyes, in a rush to be anywhere else but with me. I can't say I blame her, who truly knows how to comfort a mourning teenage girl that is a replica of her dead daughter. 

I made my way to my dorm that I will be sharing with two others. As soon as I opened the door, I was met with a bone crushing hug. A groan slipped from me in result.

"Oh my gosh! I'm sorry, it's a wolf thing!" The blonde girl with the colorful tips expresses. 

I giggle in response to the rambling "It's okay, I promise. I'm..."

"Angelica Good! Straight A student. Newly orphaned witch!" The girls cut me off.

I tilt my head in response, not upset at her just curious.

"I'm sorry! I know all the latest drama; I have a vlog on every update of Nevermore.  I'm Enid SInclair, your roommate!"

I look around the room and take everything in.

"Nice to meet you, Enid." I say with a smile directed at her.

My eyes instantly drawn to the huge colorful window that matches her side of the room. Not necessarily my style but it's quite cute.

"I like what you did with the room." I complement.

"Really!? Thank you!" she continues to talk about all she has done to the room to renovate it while I take my stuff to the corner of the room, closest to the window where an empty bed is set up. This is a perfect place for my plants.  

Finally, I got everything unpacked including my collection of plants. My corner of the room contrasted Enid's. Her colorful bright tones verse my mainly soft creme with the occasional pop of earth tones. My ivy hung from the walls and ceiling framing my side like a picture. I had my fluffy rug placed in front of my bedside, prefect for sitting. I believe there are two types of people in the world, floor sitters and non-floor sitters. 

The dorm door opens and a girl with two black braids steps in what I assume to be her family and Principal Weems. As soon as they catch eyes at Enid's side of the room, they gasp. The girl's father then comments "It's so vivid" the polite way of saying he didn't like it. I glare at him as a silent threat. He will not make Enid feel judged for her style.

"Howdy roomie!" Enid welcomes.

Weem introduces "Wednesday, this is Enid Sinclair and Angelica Good."

Both Wednesday's parents look at each other and back at me. "A Good" the father whispers.

Enid takes a good look at Wednesday and says, "Are you feeling okay, you look pale."

Mr. Addams responds for her "Wednesday always looks half dead."  

"Welcome to Ophelia Hall!" Enid goes in to hug Wednesday but is rejected.

 I chuckle "It might be best to decline, Enid almost crushed me when she gave me a hug."

"It was an accident!" She swore.

"Please excuse Wednesday, she's allergic to color." Mrs. Addams explains.

"Oh wow." Enid gasp slightly.

"What happens to you?" I question intrigued.

"I break out into hives then the flesh peels off my bones." Wednesday explains.

I'm not sure if it's concerning but I want to see it happen.

Principal Weems cuts off my train of thoughts "Luckly we special ordered you a uniform. Enid, please take Wednesday and Angelica to the register's office to pick them up along with a copy of their schedules."

Enid nods in response.

"and give them a tour along the way." Weems finishes.