I'm Only Me When I'm with You

"A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself"

- Jim Morrison

(Mikey's POV)

"Look I made a fish Y/N" I tapped her shoulder to get her to look at the fish I made with the stars in the night sky. "Wow! Now it's swimming in the night sky." She laughed and I laughed along with her.

It is just me and her no one else. Laying down on the smooth grass with a cool breeze looking at the night sky full with shining beautiful stars with Y/N by my side.

Being with her not even speaking brings me peace and comfort. It is just me and Y/N in the cool breeze and the night sky filled with stars. What more could I asked for? Nothing that is. We don't need to start a conversation just to fill the air because we are comfortable just being in each others presence. And I love it.

I have been friends with her for 3 years and I know everything about her. Of course I wouldn't say everything for there are things she is not comfortable or not ready to tell me and I understand that. The same goes for her, she knows everything about me and at the same time not everything. There is one thing I know for sure. I want her to be by my side forever just like Ken-chin, Baji, and the rest of my Toman friends. I don't want to live if she or them are not in my life.

"Hey why are you still doing laying on the grass" I turned to my left side to see that she is not next to me. "Huh?" I see her hand in my view. "Come on you keep spacing out." I grabbed her hand. Pulling me to my feet "Come now its way late and you should head home now." I was about to leave when her father said, "It is already late for him why not let him sleep here? What do you say Manjiro?" It would be fun to stay with them for the night and I'm too tired to ride my bike home anyway. "Sure" He came up and ruffled my hair. "Okay son. Y/N go get him a blanket so he can sleep on the couch." Son!? That was the first time anyone has considered me like a son before. It felt nice and warm. "Here you go Mikey." Y/N gave me the warm and soft blanket. "Thanks." I walked towards the couch about to lay down when I heard "Good night Mikey" from Y/N and "Good Night son" from Y/N's dad. "Dad he is not your son!". "I know that, but I consider him as my son since you two are always together and we've known him for 3 years sweetie, and plus your mother would say the same thing." Hearing that made me feel happy. "Fine dad so now you have 2 sons." I heard Y/N and her dad laughing. "Yup I have two sons and one lovely daughter." I guess I'm part of their family. I snuggled closer to the blanket and fell asleep with a smile on may face.

~~~(Next Day)~~~

"Y/N no you'll only get hurt and your dad is going to be mad at me!"

She wants to ride my bike, but she doesn't know how too she doesn't even remember how to ride a bike! And she wants to ride my motorbike! I can't let her do that. "Come one Mikey I'll be fine. Plus it's either this or I'll tell me dad you were the one who ate his Dorayaki two days ago!" She just looked at me with a smirk on her face "You wouldn't dare!" She laughed and said, "Don't challenge me Mikey because I will tell my dad." Man she drives me crazy. Sometimes I wonder 'How am I still friends with her'. "Fine tell your dad it is not like I'm scared of him. I can beat his ass up anytime. I am stronger than him." Y/N was looking at me with a shocked and terrified look on her eyes. I didn't mean to scared her.