An open Book.

"Mommy please stop!" Aaliyah screamed.
Nicki hit the brakes.
The car stopped. Aaliyah was breathing heavily. Hands stretched for balance. She breathed and placed one hand on her chest.
She was riding at the back. Nicki looked at her through the review mirror.

"I'm sorry. The brake pedal was not working. I'm really sorry baby!"

"Can we please go home!"
"Sure."

"I mean take me back mom, I need mommy!"
Nicki's heart sank.
She made a turn and drove in silent

They arrived.

"We here. Liyah can you please not tell mommy what happened? The last thing I need is a lecture from her"

"Don't worry. I won't tell. Thanks for understanding mom. But you sleeping here too. You can't drive back home"

"Excuse you?"
"I won't tell mommy anything if you stay the night. You can take my room. I will take the couch. You are incapable of driving. Tomorrow morning sure. But tonight? Hell, no mom. I already lost you once. I'm not risking losing you again so soon. Mom you just got back. I need you. please stop being stubborn and admit you need help"

Nicki huffed. "Mom!"

"Your mom won't allow me to"
"I will talk to her. You let me talk and you say nothing to her okay?"

Nicki took a deep breath
"Okay, Liyah... Okay then" Nicki said. The last thing she needed was to be back in Megan's presence again.

Aaliyah jogged inside.

Megan gasped from her sleep
"Did I scare you?"

"Yes!" she whispered wiping her eyes to improve her vision
"What are you doing back here?"

"Something happened with security and they said no access out this late. I'm not sure what's going on. Mom is trying to get a room at the bed and breakfast two blocks away." she lied.

"Oh. Well, good night!" Megan said getting off the couch

"Mom. Can she please crush in my room for the night? You won't even know she's here" Aaliyah had a pouting begging face.

Megan looked at her. "Okay!" she whispered.

"Thank you!"

"Of course. Good night!" Megan said and went upstairs.

Two hours later.
Nicki was on the Couch, tossing and turning. Aaliyah was sleeping in her room. Megan was standing in the dark up the stairs looking at Nicki. Who knows what she was thinking?

Nicki woke up and sat up straight. She made a call to her doctor.

On call
Nicki: something is wrong... I need a scan immediately.
Dr: are you saying I don't know how to do my job, Agent Maraj?
Nicki: I'm saying you missed something and I wanna know what it is. Come on please trust me. Something is really wrong. I know it
Dr: okay. Meet me at my office tomorrow at 8.
Nicki: 9, please.
Dr: oh gosh. Whatever 9.
Nicki: Thank you very much.

She hung up and opened her bag and pulled out pills and popped them and went to the kitchen.

Megan went back to her room.

Nicki drank water and went back to the couch.
Her phone beeped.

*sleeping?*
Message from Megan.

*trying.*

*come up. Let's...Talk!*

Nicki went to the main bedroom. She knocked softly and almost silently. Megan opened the door and motioned her to sit on the bed.