Chapter I - Welcome to Castle Rock

"The modifications are going well."

A young female with a clean white long-coat with a red symbol on the left shoulder and breast, leaned back in her chair. Sighing before looking up to an older superior.

"Really now? How are the subjects."

A rougher older male responded.

"The transformation process is smooth. Minor interferences from the winter storm outside but the subjects are healthy."

"Good, good."

The older scientist chuckled.

"How's the prize?"

"White King?"

"Is that their codename?"

"Yes, sir."

"Their transformation is almost complete."

"They are shaping up to be exactly what we wanted. The perfect White King. However, we just need some more minor modifications and they will be complete."

The lesser ranked scientist awkwardly chuckled.

"The attempt at a perfect being." The older researcher spoke aloud, before they started droning on.

"Well...from our directive, White King is not to undergo total memory loss, we need them to have a fair amount of knowledge and intelligence as possible. In order to make a nearly perfect combative unit, you are to make a safeguard incase of anything going wrong. If something were to go wrong, we need to create an emotional detachment from those who are not of the White King's kin. So he cannot be inclined to make friends or any sort of relationships. It will also help if soldiers who die in the heat of combat will not affect their performance. Think of it as a Morale detachment."

"Aha--Hah, Sir we- as much as-"

"You're going to do it."

"We can't... Sir, the snow storm. It's too intense. You know that, the tundra we're stationed in is known for these awful conditions."

"Enough excuses, Ava. The facility is built for these conditions. That's why we're here in the first place."

"The White King experiment is the most prestigious thing we've done in several years. Out of all genetic modifications, we've had ten failures. Subject-0011 is our eleventh attempt at perfection."

"Sir, what happened to the last ten subjects?"

He didn't respond. Only locking his gaze staring at her computer screen.

"Sir?"

"Ava."

"What. Happened. To. Those. Subjects?"

"It's best to not ask questions, you know your place."

The female scientist sighed.

"What about the Sislan race?"

"The Dark elves?"

She nodded.

"They are fine too. We have thousands of different races housed here. These subjects are expendable... If something were to happen, White King is our prized possession that we absolutely cannot lose under any circumstances. The rest of the Subjects? Not needed."

"Who else knows of the White King?"

"Clearance-4 and above. Mostly the Council Members."

"Are there any other experiments those below Clearance-4 know of?"

"Yes of course, Ava."

"Well? What are they then?"

"Our other similar experiment alongside the White King. We named it 'Akkadian'."

"Akkadian? That's a silly name."

"Akkadian is our attempt at a predatory mixture of a human and an animal. Likely a Wolf of some sort."

"And... Why?"

"That's all I can tell you Ava. The rest is classified."

She sighed, why did everything have to be so secretive?

"What's so special about the White King anyway?"

The older male chuckled again.

"So many questions, so little work being done, Ava."

"I'm sorry, sir."

A long silence bestowed them, before it was broken by another question.

"Are the Sislan capable thinkers?"

"Of course, Ava. All of these races are. Sislan's yellow eyes is what characterizes them from everyone else."

"What about the Celodar?"

"Celodar are a failed spectacle. Races are based on their appearance and are tagged by the floor of which they are created on. The codes we use are for different floors of the facility. They are never to merge due to a severe chance of mass confusion of organization."

"Right... That storm out there, it is getting worse Buck. I'm worried about a destabilization."

"Ava, there hasn't been a destabilization event in years. Especially here the facility is built to withstand these-"

The lights flickered for a moment.

"Did you see that...?"

The winds screamed and howled the most deadly of sounds, the storm was the worst they have ever had in years.

The lights flickered more.

Before finally giving out.