Chapter III - Composure

The alarms outside finally shut up. It didn't mask the screams and gunfire however. The light you turned on thankfully lit up the whole room, the lamp seemed to be battery powered. With this light, you could finally make out your own body and the rest of the room you're hiding in. It was a small office, with... Blood completely splattered near the ceiling with pink and dark red bits in it. The mess made sense when you looked at the entire desk and seen the slumped over body of a woman. She... Seemed to have killed herself with a gun that was lying on the floor. There was note was on the desk next to her but, you didn't care to read it at the moment. You blinked for a few moments... Shocked at the sight in front of you before reaching for the gun on the floor and standing back up right. You looked to your right and saw a cracked mirror on the wall above the black desk. You couldn't help but stare at yourself. Your eyes were a dark violet. Your hair was snow-white. Your skin, yellowish-pale.
"So... I wasn't crazy."
You muttered to yourself.
You felt yourself, you felt 'normal' to put it simply. At least, from the feeling and sight. You took this opportunity to pluck out the glass and other imperfections off of your body, not bothering to try and patch them up. When you regained focus, you began to search the body of the scientist. Her face was unrecognizable... You felt her chest pockets and only found a keycard marked as a 'Clearance-2.' If only you had pockets...
You checked the magazine of the small-arm. You counted 5 bullets with 1 already chambered. 6 shots.
You then walked over to a nearby black closet in the corner, opening it and scavenging the insides. Throwing out the things inside that didn't interest you. You could only find a utility belt.
You strapped it on your waist. It was cold. You were still somewhat wet so, you looked back to the deceased scientist and walked back to her body. You... Gently removed her coat. Trying not to touch her corpse. It was surprisingly unscathed with only a few droplets of blood on it. You dried down the few wet spots on your body, tossing the damp coat to your feet.
You turned for the door. The sounds of mayhem were quiet you realized. You looked back to the only tool of self-defense. Then back to the door. You inhaled before reaching for the knob and turning it to open the door. You walked out into the hallway, looking at all the doors. The one you came from down the 1st hallway was completely crushed and covered by ceiling debris. That concerned you as you looked up right above you, then back forward.
You tightened your grip on the firearm as you began to walk down the left hallway. Your bare feet making almost no noise. The hallway was so quiet... You could see bodies and lumps in the middle of it. Bodies of dead guards. You could still faintly hear the sounds of creatures howling in the darkness.
You shivered, trekking forward.

After about a minute or so, you turn a corner seeing two people.
One was a person in a grey tank-top and black shorts. Like you. Though, you could make out it was a male and he had a different appearance compared to you. Jet black hair, glowing yellow eyes and dark-grey skin. He almost looked like a dark-elf from fictional stories. The other person looked like a basic scientist. He had... Black hair, fair skin. Glasses you could make out from the distance and dim lights.

"What happened to him?" The scientist asked outloud.

"Something got him, clearly. Look, his guts are all over the place. How the hell are we going to get out of here?"

"-I don't know."

"What do you mean 'you don't know'?"

"-I mean I-"

"That isn't what you said before."
The assumed subject snapped back, his yellow eyes piercing the darkness as he stared down at the shorter scientist.
He continued;

"-You mean you're full of shit, aren't you? You're lying to me that you know a way out. You told me when I-"

A loud object broke, it sounded like a mirror falling off a wall.