Chapter IX - Ashes to Ashes

The elevator doors opened. The beaming moonlight piercing the sunroof, as the snow came down from the air. You could hear radio communications and a helicopter roaring further out.

You clutched Asura's hand tighter.

Astro was first to exit the elevator. He walked forward slowly. Eyeing the entrance of the outside gate. It seemed clear. Though, you could makeout on a radio that apparently, a winterstorm has caused the entire breach within the facility. Now, the storm has calmed enough temporarily to send in air support.

Atro's PSUD began to speak.

"Alert; Allied Armed Forces detected."

Astro's face almost went pale from the snow and shock.

"Shit, there's people out here." He mumbled

"What do we do?" You asked. Your tone sounding frightened.

"We'll just have to play it safe. Is there a way we can proceed without taking the straight path?" Asura asked before almost putting you behind him.

Astro pointed to a staircase leading down. To the left of the group.

"We can try there."

You all were still near the elevator, Astro furthest out. You all began to make your way to the stairs.

Though... You heard voices. People talking. They sounded... Familiar? You paused. Astro not noticing as, they were already ahead of you and Asura.

You clutched tighter.

Asura turned around. He put his hands on your shoulders
"(Y/N)." He whispered to you in haste. "Come on, please, not now. Don't zone out. Come on."

You were stuck. You heard heavy boots approaching from the gateway behind you.

Asura tugged you harder. The man in jet-black gear rounded the corner. He had multiple. Asura released you. As you stared holes into his face. You snapped out of it, only to lunge forward and kiss Asura on his lips. "Run. Go." Before releasing. You turned around and faced the armed soldiers. That same voice you heard still droning in your head. Almost muting everything going on. Asura had to fall back into the cave

"(Y/N)!" Asura shouted as he ran back.

You couldn't listen. You only kept your stance as the two trained their rifles on you. They began to back up slowly back into the open out side.

You thought you were intimidating them. You could barely make out what they were saying. The voice, the voice growing louder as you followed...

"Sub——! Spotted——!"

"Get—— Maintain— Distance!"

...Shut up... Shut up already...

You continued backing them up. You noticed your fingernails have elongated by extreme amounts. They are practically talons at this point.

The voice, god the voice...

You reached for your head. What is causing this?!

"Now!" It only cleared for a moment, hearing that voice of a female shout.

Two men sprung out from the corners of the gate, they had these devices. You turned to face them. They stuck you deeply with these sharp prong-like devices. You felt hard electricity running throughout your body. Your sweatshirt you had on burning off in spots. The cold winds kissing your seared wounds, cooling them off.

You tried to resist them, grabbing and yanking the spiked tools. They were like spears.

You shouted, trying to take it from the man.

Suddenly, You felt a striking pain in your right leg. You buckled. As you continued to be burned. It all went black for moment.

8

You opened your eyes, seeing reddish sparks emitting from your body for a moment before they vanished. You were subdued by a group of these trained soldiers. Their teamwork and sheer strength overpowering you by the masses.

The voice went away immediately after you were pinned. Your neck uncomfortably stuck in place by a knee of an unknown person.

You could barely move. You heard footsteps walking slowly. You could see other men aimed directly at you from your peripherals. You could only grunt, groan and pant as you watched them approach.

It was an older male with a suit and a ballistic vest overtop of it. Symbols and insignia belonging to the facility were on the left shoulder. He had a holster for a sidearm on his right leg. It was Empty.

You could feel your arms being restricted behind your back. You resisted them as best you could.
Though, you were just met with steel batons cracking at your hips and legs. Forcing you to stop from the pain.

You were brought to your knees. You didn't notice the man was already infront of you. You looked up at him with a spiteful gaze.

"Ah. About time you looked at my face."

Fucking asshole. You thought.

He looked at the soldiers behind you.

He gave them a nod.

Before you could react, a respirator was forcefully strapped to your face. Your anguished shouts and squeals muffled from the mask. Your eyes began to water slightly. You tried to kick the Soldiers by lying on your back. You could only throw one kick before you began to notice you were inhaling something that definitely wasn't air. You were coughing intensely, trying your best to get the respirator off. You even tried slamming your lower face on the ground to break it. But, someone already had grabbed your hair. Forcing your head back up as you were coughing more more. It was hard to stay awake...

"Don't—— them of course," the suited man spoke. His voice muffled and distorted in your hazy vision. "We just need—— Council."

You could barely makeout anything more, as your world went dark again.

7

You began struggling more... You were almost crying now. It was so difficult to move. You shut your eyes for a moment. Now, they were too weak to even open again.

6

They're trying to fucking kill me!

I c-can't... Move...!

Somebody help! Please...— Help!

5

I- Can't... Breathe! Ge-Get... It off of me!

4

No...! N-No... Please... Stop. I haven't done anything... To—

3

You felt your tears rolling down your face. The voices all gone.

...Anything... To deserve this... P-Please! I'm sorry...

2

C... Can't... feel myself... Anymore... Can't...
...C-Can't...

Shockingly, it stopped. You felt yourself being hoisted higher into the air.

Higher, and Higher.