Chapter IV - You Know Who You Are

You couldn't help but eye the walls the whole time. Focussing in and out of Fox and 0129's conversations. Why was his name Subject-0129? Why are our names so similar? Where even are we? Why is Fox just... Called Fox? Nothing made sense to you.

You all rounded a corner, another damn hallway with a few doors on the right and a large blast door on the left side. You remembered you stole that keycard from that scientist you found originally before. You took it from your belt and walked up to that blast door when all of you were close.

"You plan on opening that?" 0129 asked, being pessimistic.

"Reckon we check our-"

"Not another word, Fox."
You were tired of the scientist asking YOU the questions. You had the most questions than anyone in this wretched place.

You swiped the keycard on the panel near the blast doors.

"Maybe there's something in here we could use." You said apethticly as you turned to the two.

"Probably." 0129 shrugged his shoulders.

Fox didn't say anything, he was busy scanning the hallway.

"I'll stay out here. You two go in there and bring out anything you guys can find"

"Since when were you giving orders, Doc?"

"Stop." You blankly said to 0129 as the blast doors opened slowly, sometimes stopping half way. You and 0129 had to pry the door open at times.

It finally opened and you two went inside. There were a couple of bodies inside belonging to three scientists and two guards.

"You wouldn't want to see this Fox." 0129 called out to him.

"What? Why? What is it?"

"Your friends."

"Tch."

"Three scientists, two guards. What happened here?" 0129 asked as he looked at you.

"Hell if I know." You mumbled back.

You reached down, checking the bodies of the staff.

"Check the cabinets. I'll check the bodies."

"Whatever."

The scientists had bullet wounds and slashes on the back and face. All you could find were some identification cards and wallets. You began to search one of the guards. He had a glass shard in his neck and slashes over his back. His right arm was amputated from the shoulder. Blood all around. You crouched down. You soon realized the room had pods. Similar to what you came out of before.

Fox entered the room behind you.

"We went upstairs, right?"

"Yeah, why?"
0129 stopped what he was doing and turned to face Fox.

"Won't we need-"

You interrupted him

"Where are the evacuation points?"

"The what-?"

"Evacuation points, what they just fucking said." 0129 sharply said through his teeth almost like a growl.

"0011, what made you bring up evacuation points?"

You turned to 0129.

"The guard with the shard in his neck had a chip in his pocket. It was marked as an evacuation reader. Whatever that means."

"An evacuation reader? Why would they have that already? Nobody knew this would happen."
Fox was speaking fast, something about him seemed genuine. You could feel he was telling the truth. But something isn't adding up.