Chapter V - Noise Disturbance

Turning the hallway, you all stopped at the end. Seeing tables, chairs and shelves toppled over, acting as a makeshift blockade.

"'Fucks this?" Asura said outloud to himself.

"I don't know, Asura. Looks like something or someone was trying to keep something out. Astro, Do you have a weapon on you?" Fox turned. Then everyone else turned to Astro.

Astro nodded. "I've got a Glock-20, Taser and a Bayonet."

"That'll do." Asura said.

"Give something to (Y/N), Astro. We need at least three of us with a weapon." Fox demanded as he stared forward, hearing footsteps past the blockade.

"Guys, shh. I-" before you could finish, a woman in a grey tank-top and black shorts emerged from the pile of rubbage.

"E-Eh?!" Astro readied their Glock.

The woman had pitch black skin, bright red eyes, chains wrapped around her torso and somewhat on their shoulders. Their finger nails were outrageously sharp and long, acting as talons.

Asura readied himself, getting into a fighting stance.

"Save the ammo! Let us handle this." You exclaimed to Astro. You turned back at the woman to see her barreling towards you and Asura.

Asura swung left, hitting the creature in her right arm as she was flailing herself toward him. She staggered, hitting the wall near you on the left.

You readied your bayonet with the blade pointing down and the bottom of the hilt up right. You lunged at the woman and managed to strike her in her chest, she shoved you with ease off before making the most blood curddling shout you've ever heard... As far as you can remember at least. Astro and Fox held their ears as well, backing up away from the creature. You still had hold of the knife, but the grip was loosened from the shout since you were covering your ears.

Asura made an overhead swing and managed to make it connect with the top of the woman's head. She was violently dropped to the floor like the force of gravity was multiplied by one-hundred in that instant.

You took the opportunity to thrust the bayonet in the side of her temple while she was on the floor. You assumed she had a concussion. But... Is this even a person to begim with? Enough pondering. You forces the blade in as deep as you can.

You felt a warm sensation. It... Was almost blissful. The act of taking the life of another being felt like nothing you've ever felt before.

Asura was barely panting, just moreso annoyed we had to experience that.

"Is it... Dead?" Fox was first to break the silence.

You were busy staring at the body.

"I think so." Asura responded. You could notice he was looking at Fox.

Soon after, you could hear multiple footsteps where the creature originally came from.

Asura rushed to push the blockade upright,

"Little help here (Y/N)!"

You ran over to Asura, helping him hold the shelves up as the entities on the otherside began pounding on them. You couldn't hold it much longer.

Fox turned to Astro

"When those shelves fall, fire that damn thing."

"Already planned." Astro responded as they began to aim down the hallway.

"(Y/N)! I can't hold this thing-up any longer! Get back! Get back!"

The shelves began to give way; you fell back as it did since you couldn't get back in time. Asura was almost instantly jumped on by a creature.