CHAPTER 11: LIGHTS OF HOPE

They all decided that it was best everyone stayed on separated sides of the cave for the night just to avoid any more misunderstandings. The fire went out and every one fell asleep except for her it wasn't out of the ordinary for dahlia she hadn't been able to sleep well in months.
She stared up into the empty darkness all around her, there was no difference between lying here and lying in her cell back at Andertons estate she couldn't shake off this feeling of ill being trapped. Abruptly she heard footsteps coming from outside she looked around and only counted three other asleep bodies in the dark.
She stepped out and her skin shivered adjusting to the cold she didn't need to look for long, his hair left a trail to where he was seated towards the end of the hill on the clear grass between two trees.

"can't sleep''. She said and he turned around surprised to see her.

"something like that's hard for me to sleep without the stars",
he said looking up at the clouds said she stared up into the sky as well trying to catch glimpse of what he was talking about and a realization kicked in that she hadn't seen the night sky in months

Anderton hardly let her see sunlight plus her cell had no windows. from this view they could see the full moon much closer and the white speck of stars that surrounded it.
The sky a moody blue.

''Are you just going to stand there?'' He said calmly.

She hadn't realized she'd been hovering over him she didn't sit down in the first place because she didn't want to make him feel uncomfortable.

The grass poked under her dress as she sat down next to him and he said nothing he just continued to gaze at the stars as though she wasn't even there at all. But then she didn't mind

"dahlia'', he said in low calm voice breaking the silence

"yes'',

"Why can't you sleep?''

''I don't know either'', she shrugged sleep doesn't come easy to me these days he then turned his dark blue eyes to her and she quickly said
''I'm used to it anyways ", avoiding his gaze.

Something about the way he looked at her made her feel like he was piercing through her soul, it made her feel uncomfortable. Now that she thought of it Everything about him made her feel uncomfortable he had this unnatural beauty to him sort of unworldly , his skin paler then normal not to mention his hair pure golden strands that when on forever.

''I see he said'', adverting back his gaze. She was relived he stopped there she's had enough questioning for the day.

''Can I ask you a question?'' Dahlia asked
He shrugged
''go ahead'',

''Are you -okay? ''.

He was quite surprised no one has really asks him that. Now to think of it no one has ever asked him that they just usually assume how his feeling. He could ask her the say question but he already knew the answer and he wasn't going to push it.