Chapter 3

A week has passed—Eda and Serkan's relationship is no better. They still argued most of the day, especially about the little things. Their friends had tried their best to get them closer but it was not working.

Light bulb! An idea popped in Melo's head.

—----

Earlier that day...

Melo had called Deniz for help to get Eda to work as she was not feeling up to it. A week of arguing with Serkan was not making her want to work, especially when Selin was always around to rub it in her face that they were engaged. Eda was at the dining table complaining to Melo about being forced to go to work.

"Just because you own 45% already, does not mean you have to stop working, Eda." reasoned Ayfer.

"Hala, you know what I'm going through." Eda huffed.

"I know, canim. But do not let it consume you. You have to show Serkan what you are made of." Eda rolled her eyes at her aunt's comment.

"I know, Hala. I've been doing that for two weeks now and all I get is a cold stare and a slap in the face. Plus that annoying Selin!" Eda complained even more.

"Dadam, hadi gidelim." Melo motioned her hands for Eda to stand and go out.

"HAYIR!" The doorbell rang as Eda continued to protest at Ayfer who was trying to get her up.

"I called reinforcement, anyway!" Melo opened the door and revealed Deniz. Ceren had not been visiting lately and seemed to be distancing herself from everyone, especially Eda. Melo knew. This was why she had called Deniz, instead, to help her.

"Günaydın." Deniz smiled.

"Oof Melo!" Eda exclaimed, seeing Melo had bothered Deniz made her get up from her seat.

"Kolay iş." said Ayfer as they exited the house.

Deniz drove Eda and Melo to work—luckily, his convertible car made Eda happy. The feeling of the fresh air hitting her face and skin always refreshed her. With that, they had arrived at Art Life with Eda being in a good mood.

Melo got out of the car first and quickly went inside as Engin had been asking for her at the conference room. Eda stayed behind to thank Deniz.

"Teşekkürler, Deniz." Eda smiled.

"No worries, Eda." He gently touched her arm reassuringly. "You can bother me anytime." Eda laughed at this and finally hugged Deniz goodbye as she went inside the building.

Meters away, a pair of eyes, with brows furrowed, were actually intently looking at their exchange of movement—the way he touched her arm and how she hugged back. Could they really be in a relationship? Serkan clenched his jaw at the thought.

"Serkan bey?" Melo called out, snapping Serkan out of his thoughts. He didn't notice Melo had come inside the conference room as he was too focused at the two people he had examined. He didn't even hear Engin calling him out before Melo did.

"Efendim, Melek?" he asked.

"Engin bey was asking something..." she pointed at Engin.

"Do you wanna talk about this some other time? Your thoughts seem to be elsewhere, brother." joked Engin.

"Engin." Serkan said sternly before asking him to continue what he was saying regarding the project.

Unbeknownst to Serkan, Melo had seen his reaction in seeing Eda with Deniz and she was highly convinced that her Enişte was jealous.