Chapter 15

"Efendim, Engin?" Serkan asked.

"Abi, otur. We have to talk." Engin demanded, confusing Serkan.

"What about?" He asked.

"It's about Se—" Just when Engin had found Serkan and that he seemed to have time to talk, Leyla came and interrupted them.

"Serkan bey! Serkan bey!" Leyla exclaimed.

"Efendim, Leyla?"

"Roseberg bey is at the lobby!"

"NE?? Neden?" Serkan asked. He was worried that they may have not met eye to eye with their conversation during their last meeting.

"Bilmiyorum, he didn't say...but he is looking for you."

"Tamam." He nodded towards Leyla then looked at his best friend. "Engin, let's talk some other time." He lastly said before walking out of his office with Leyla.

Engin ran both of his hands over his face with frustration. Tomorrow was the wedding day and he didn't know if he still had anymore time to knock some sense into Serkan. What if we just hit him in the head like Erdem suggested? Maybe that'll bring his memories back. He thought, but then shook his head in disagreement.

Ring...Ring...Ring...

"Melo." Engin spoke as Melo picked up the phone. "Bitti." He called Melo to break the news that he, too, did not have any luck with Serkan.

"So what do we do?" Melo asked over the call.

"Hope for a miracle that Serkan drops his pride and realizes to fight harder for Eda." Engin stated.

"...and that Eda also realizes that Serkan is worth giving another chance." Melo added.

They both sighed over the phone.

"Tamam. Let's see what awaits us tomorrow." Engin said before bidding goodbye and ending the call.

—-----------------

Serkan took a deep breath as he sat on the couch, looking at the clock ticking. Today was his wedding day and he was restless. It was all set. Selin's organizer had made sure everything was perfect. He didn't even have to do anything. But...he was anxious.

He stood up, intending to pace back and forth with his restlessness but was surprised to see his best friend walking towards the door.

"Engin? What are you doing here?" Serkan asked as Engin walked in.

"Abi, I really need to talk to you about Selin." He said straightforwardly.

"What about her?" Serkan asked.

"You can't marry her. Selin is not the woman of your dreams. It's Eda." And with that, Engin blurted out everything he had been bottling up.

"Biliyorum, Engin." Engin was both shocked and confused. If Serkan knew then why was he marrying Selin?

"But Eda does not want me...and it's hard to force someone to want you when you are not wanted." He reasoned.

"Teşekkürler, Engin, but she made her decision." He added, assertively.

"If the problem is Eda not wanting you, then why are you marrying Selin?" Engin asked. He had a good point. Why couldn't Serkan just leave Selin?

"Because she is the most reasonable one for me." Robot Bolat answered. "Neyse, I have to go. The show will start soon." Indeed it was a show.

Engin was left speechless as Serkan walked out and left. Although he was able to talk to Serkan, he didn't get through to him, just like Melo wasn't able to convince Eda. Oh how stubborn their friends were.