Chapter 10

Serkan had been staring at Eda who was at the production floor, talking to Melo and Erdem, laughing at what Erdem said. This made him smile...then he remembered what happened yesterday.

Yesterday morning...

Eda didn't know what had gotten into her but the way Serkan looked at her, drew her into him.

She kissed him.

He responded by opening his mouth to give her entrance. As she deepened the kiss, Serkan's hand traveled down to her waist, gently pulling her towards him.

Eda pulled away to catch her breath and looked at Serkan deep in the eyes. She quickly stood up, realizing what she had done, and ran out.

"Eda!" He called after her, but she just proceeded to walk away.

He sighed and looked at his reflection in the window—a lipstick stain was left on the corner of his lips. He wiped it with his thumb and took a deep breath then ran after her. He wasn't going to just stand still this time.

Eda left as quickly as she could, passing Seyfi and Aydan who were going to bid her goodbye. She wanted to get away, she needed to escape. Unfortunately, her car wouldn't start.

"Eda..." He said, walking towards her.

"Serkan, just don't." She responded without looking at him, shame and hurt evident in her voice.

"Eda, look at me." She didn't. He grabbed her hand and made her look at him.

"Serkan, stop." She said, trying to free herself from his grasp but he wouldn't let go. "It was a mistake."

"Was it?" He asked. "Because it felt like it wasn't."

With this, Eda looked at him. She could see sincerity in his eyes. "Serkan, I can't." She shook her head.

"You can't or you won't?"

"I can't. I can't fight for something I know I won't be able to have." A cab arrived and Eda slipped her hand off of Serkan's hold and looked at him as a tear fell from her eye before she turned to hop inside the cab.

Serkan put his hands on his hips and clenched his jaw while he watched in pain as the cab drove away. He took a deep breath and walked back to his house, passing Aydan and Seyfi without uttering a word.

He sat on his couch, thinking about what recently happened. Everything didn't fit—their kiss, her look, her response. It all didn't make sense. A flower caught Serkan's attention—it was the flower that Eda had on the pocket of her top. It must've fallen. He thought as he took it and stared at it.

It was a simple flower but Serkan's attention was drawn to it. He couldn't take his eyes off of it. Then he realized something...he clearly has feelings for Eda.

It may be worth a try. He thought.

Eda had avoided him the whole day yesterday. Everytime he tried to find a way to be alone with her, she would go the other direction or make Melo face him instead.

Today, he planned to be able to spend some time alone with her. He realized that he felt something for Eda but he wanted to keep it under wraps as he wanted to be sure and not hurt her nor make her expect. At the same time, there was Selin—his fiancée. He can't just drop and leave her after everything she had done for him.

But what didn't set right was the things Selin said about Eda—this still bothered Serkan as it did not match up. Eda seemed to be sweet, funny, and is loved by everyone...not the manipulating person Selin had told him. Having this in the back of his mind, always confused him about what to feel.