Chapter 2

"Where is Engin bey?" Melo was pacing back and forth. "Yaa..." she continued to pace.

She was inside the smaller conference room at Art Life with Ceren, Ferit, Erdem, and Leyla.

"Sakin ol, Melo." Ferit said and extended an arm to Melo.

"I cannot calm down. We all need to talk before—" The glass door swings open to Engin and Pyril entering the conference room.

"Günaydın, arkadaşlar!" Engin greeted them with a huge smile.

"Engin bey!! Finally, you're here!" Melo exclaimed.

"Evet." He looks at everybody in the room and faces Melo. "Ne oluyor?"

Erdem suddenly stood up which shocked everybody. "We need a plan of attack!"

"Ne?" Engin was now confused.

"Erdem—" before Pyril could continue what she was going to say, Melo raised her hand.

"EVET!!"

"Bu ne?" Engin asks more.

"Bi dakka! Bi dakka!" Pyril said. "Melo, Erdem...what are you guys talking about?"

Melo squints her eyes and looks at everybody. "We need to get Eda and Serkan together, and alone!" Erdem with a big smile, nods.

"I'm all for this!" Leyla claps excitedly.

"Tamam, but what's your plan?" asks Ferit as he looks at a distant and quiet Ceren. He kept glancing at her the entire time but she kept avoiding his eyes. He sighs.

Ceren was not in the mood and was about to leave when suddenly Melo shouted and held up her hand towards Ceren. "HAYIR!!" This shook Ceren out of the thoughts and looked at Melo. "Everybody will participate in this plan! We will find ways to put them together in a room, alone. We need to make sure Selin will not interrupt them. This is the plan. We have to try for the sake of our friends. Tamam mi?"

Everybody nodded as they all went their separate ways to their offices/desks. A plan was in motion. It was not clear what exactly it was but the only important thing was to get Eda and Serkan alone in one room. Melo prayed for her plan to work.

—-----

Eda arrived late in the morning as she was having headaches from her constant crying. She thought that sleeping with Serkan's jacket would make everything better but she was wrong. It only made it worse—being able to smell him but not hug him was the worst. But it was the only way she could feel close to Serkan. Her Serkan.

She sighed as she entered the building.

Leyla stood at the archway to the office waiting for Eda. "Günaydın, Eda Hanim." She smiled.

"Günaydın, Leyla." Eda gave a light smile.

"Uhh–" Leyla started, which made Eda stop in her tracks. "Eda..." She looked down, avoiding Eda's eyes. "Serkan bey is waiting for you in the conference room."

Eda knew that since she was late, she would be welcomed by an annoyed Serkan Bolat—telling her that partners are not supposed to be late; that they are the bosses and must set an example; falan filan.

I mean, he's right. Eda thought as she rolled her eyes, but she did not have the energy to argue with him today. She turned around and headed to the office upstairs.

"Leyla, can you please give me the files on the pending projects. I'd like to review them upstairs." Eda smiled.

"Tamam, Eda Hanim." Leyla nodded.