𝘈 𝘨𝘢𝘮𝘦

10 years ago

10 years ago .

You were kicking your legs while sitting on a bench .

You held an ice cream in one hand while the other was raising a marble high in the air , it shimmered and shined while the sun reflected off of it .

You were humming a tune while an older man was sitting beside you throwing seeds on the ground to feed the birds .

You glanced over at him and lowered your hand "why do you keep feeding those birds grandpa ? You do know they'll keep coming back everyday even if you're not here and cause annoyance right ?" .

The man with smooth h/c hair nodded his head , there were streaks of white going through them as they had appeared long ago from age including the wrinkling on his skin .

His e/c eyes still shined brightly with youth along with that shimmer of a gem .

"Yes,I do know that but it's nice to feed them , I assume it's tiring for them to search for food everyday. "

He then glanced down at the white winged birds .

"So if I can make even one day easier for them to be able to eat, I'd rather do that ."

Your grandpa then chuckled after he noted your weird expression in his explanation .

You raised a brow "But why though ? These birds have wings so they can roam the earth as they please"

".Besides looking for food when you fly around in high places shouldn't be too hard " You stated .

Your grandpa nodded " But there are a few people who don't want these few birds to eat the food near the ground. "He replied

"That's why many of them treat them like pests but even so they keep coming back and taking what they want".

He then glanced at you , you were eating the ice cream trying very hard to not cancel your grandpa's voice out .

"Just like you , you know " you stopped eating and blinked .

"Wait-what do I have to do with this conversation? I'm not a bird " .

Your grandpa then looked back at the small white birds before one decided to sit on his shoulder .

He showed his fragil hand to it , his palm was holding a few seeds .

The bird then started to peek down to eat them , your grandpa continued.

"why yes , you may not be a bird physically but you do act like it . You take whatever you please and ignore those who would dare bother you ".

"But you're also free . Free to wander and fly around with those talents of yours .Even if you do end up making rivals or enemies, that is normal"