Chapter 4: Fallen Friend.

"MOLLY!" Ethan yelled again.

"Ethan! Kassie!" We heard the feet of Mrs. Weasley and Ginny, and Sophie come towards us. 

"Molly!" Ethan yelled as I stayed with Buckbeak. "He's hurt real bad." He pointed to Buckbeak. 

"Buckbeak!" Mrs. Weasley exclaimed. "Ginny, give me a hand!" 

Ginny ran over and gave me a hand with Buckbeak. "What happened? Where are the others?" Mrs. Weasley asked Ethan.

Oh no. I had a hunch. "Is no one else back yet?" I asked nervously. 

"I'm sorry, Kassie. You and Ethan were the first ones to arrive." Ginny answered. 

I hope that Harry and Hagrid made it to Mater okay. 

"It was an ambush. The Death Eaters were ready for us. They surrounded us the moment we took off." Ethan told the Weasleys.

"Is Ryan okay?" Sophie asked nervously. 

"I'm sure he's fine, Soph." Ethan answered, as Ginny and I helped Buckbeak. 

"We'll take Buckbeak in. It's where we kept the Car before Ron took it." Mrs. Weasley informed. 

"How many were there?" Ginny asked. 

"About 30. Maybe more." Ethan answered. "And Fletcher Snyde was one of them." 

"No surprise there." Mrs. Weasley sneered.

"He rode on a Hungarian Horntail and would've killed us had it not been for Ethan and Buckbeak." I added. "And then... something strange happened in that battle with the Horntail."  

"What happened?" Mrs. Weasley asked. 

"Well... the Horntail used... it was like it used Magic." I answered. 

Both Mrs. Weasley and Ginny looked confused. As did Sophie. 

"Kassie. That's impossible." Ginny said. "Dragons are labeled as beasts. They can't use magic." 

"Well this one did." Ethan replied. "It was chanting some type of Shadow Chant. And then blasted it right at us. I saw it with my own eyes." 

And then the looks of confusing turned to pale. "A Horntail using Magic. How?" Ginny asked.

"We don't know." Ethan answered. "But-" He got interrupted by a frisk of light emerging from his wand. 

"Ethan!" I heard Mater's voice.

"Mum!" Ethan yelled. 

"Did you and Kassie make it to the Burrow?" Mater asked.

"Yeah, we just arrived." Ethan answered. 

"Great. Is Kassie safe?" Mater asked.

"I'm right here, Mater." I said. 

"And are you safe, Ethan?" Mater asked. 

"Yeah, I'm good." Ethan answered. "Buckbeak took a nasty hit though." 

"He's not the only one. Hagrid took a bit of a hit as well." Mater replied. "Listen. I've got Harry and Hagrid with me. We're coming to the Burrow by Portkey now." 

About 2 seconds later. Mater, Harry, and Hagrid all arrived by Portkey. Mater landed fine, but Harry fell to his hands and knees in the yard of the Burrow. Hagrid also clambered laboriously to his feet. 

"Harry!" I yelled.

"Kassie! Ethan!" Harry ran up to me. 

"Kassie!" Mater also ran up to me and embraced me. "Are you okay, baby?"