18. Pink

Cadence

A loud knock at the door wakes me from my sleep, jolting upright I look around the room. Seeing a still sleeping Volkov below me. His arms still wrapped tightly around my waist stopping me from moving.

Pushing on his chest I try to get up.

"Lozhis' obratno." He mumbles pulling me back down with his eyes still closed.
(Lay back down)

Pushing on his chest again I succeed. Before he awakes I quickly grab a cushion and put it where I was before.

Another knock sounds at the door.

Quickly rushing to the direction it came from I stand up on my tip toes to look through the peep hole.

When I look through I see a man who I know to be Jamie. Sighing I open the front door.

"Took your time-" Jamie stops speaking as soon as he see who opened the door.

He cocks his head to the side then goes to speak again. Widening my eyes I quickly put a hand over his mouth to silence him.

"Cadence what are you-" he mumbles against my hand.

"Shhh." I glare at him.

Pointing to the living room I pull Jamie inside. Once he's in the house I remove my hand from his mouth and shut the door as quietly as humanly possible.

Turning back around to face Jamie I watch as he peeps his head round the corner, looking to where I pointed before.

His shoulders raise and fall with silent laughter as he turns back around. Nodding my head in the direction of the kitchen, I don't wait for him to follow.

Once we're out of earshot I whisper.

"What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing." He responds wiping away the imaginary dirt from his crisp suit.

I don't respond, I only shake my head and grab a glass pouring myself some water.

"You look very comfortable." He side eyes me, looking at something in the hallway.

"What do you want Jamie?" I retort, I can't believe I thought he was attractive.

It makes sense that him and Nicolas are friends, they're both dicks.

"I was here to speak to Nico, but seeing as you're here and he's well-" he glances at the living room.

"Asleep. I guess you'll have to pass the message on."

I look up from my glass.

"Okay?"

"You tell Nico" he advances towards me, backing me into the corner by the sink and lowering his voice.

"That FH is still looking for him, tell him he needs to think of a new strategy." Giving me one last look, he leaves the house slamming the door after him.

The house shakes with the power of the slam. No doubt waking up sleeping beauty.

"What the fuck was that!" Speak of the devil.

He charges into the room, wearing the same clothes from last night. We must've fallen asleep watching The Notebook.

He looks around his eyes moving at a scarily fast pace, checking everything is in order before his eyes land on me.

Rushing to me he grabs my arms and checks me over.

"What happened?" He asks his voice still rough with sleep.