Crisis

The knights were out of the palace as there was an emergency told by Mafuyu Asahina. It was needed of all knights and they had left to deal with the situation. Each of the knights had a strange personality except one. Akito Shinonome, with the ferocious one, Tsukasa Tenma, the cocky, and Mizuki Akiyama..who seemed to have no flaws, but their only flaw, was their keen kindness to the princess, Ena Shinonome.

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —
"Let me at them!" Tsukasa yelled slashing his sword in random directions. Akito was at his breaking point and nearly hit Tsukasa by the back using the handle of his sword if Mizuki didnt stop him. "Calm down Akito, he's a moron and trying to get himself killed. Just let him be." they said calmly. "Tch, fine. Lets get back to the palace." Akito said putting his sword back in his sheath.

Meanwhile

An Shiraishi was in the hallway with Ena Shinonome, the 2 were talking awkwardly as they didnt know much of each other. "Etō, Shiraishi-san, Im going to go outside in the garden to get some fresh air. If the knights come back you can inform me.." Ena said while turning to leave. "Alright." An said with a simple smile.

Royal Palace - Garden
"Its so calm out here..good to get some time alone." Ena said to herself. She closed her eyes and enjoyed the soft chirping of the birds and the soft breeze around her. She was sitting peacefully when someone spoke up, "This is the first time Im seeing you this relaxed Shinonome-san." it was Mizuki. The knight who seemed like a personal bodyguard to Ena. "Dont scare me like that Akiyama-san.." Ena said and opened her eyes. "Ah, sorry I just got back from another emergency and Shiraishi-san said you were out here." Mizuki said before sitting down next to Ena.

The 2 sat peacefully until it was interrupted by an emergency call, "Akiyama-san, your needed in ____ he's been there and you along with your group need to investigate and find his next target." Mafuyu said. "Alright." Mizuki said calm as ever and stood up to leave.

30 minutes later
Ena was getting up to go back inside when she heard a creepy voice behind her, "hello your dear royalty this is so rare to see you alone..hehe.."
Ena turned to look as a reflex because the voice creeped her out. A hand was put over her mouth to shut her up and Ena started to get scared. "Make a sound and I will hurt you. No Im just kidding I wont hurt you." the voice said before putting a gag on Ena's mouth and she blacked out.

Meanwhile - with the knights
"Any clues so far?" Mizuki said rubbing on the tree moss for any sense of finger prints. "Nothi- wait look. There's a strand of hair here. A strand of purple hair. Lets head back with this for further investigation." Akito said. "Right, huh? Where's Tsukasa?" Mizuki asked. "Right here." Akito answered pulling him by the ear. "OW! LET GO!" he yelled. "Ahaha ok, lets go back." Mizuki said laughing which is very rare.

Time skip
The knights arrived back to find Mafuyu stressed. She was pacing back and forth and An was looking worried. An saw Mizuki and didnt want to break the news to them. "Whats going on Asahina-san. You seem distraught.." Mizuki said a bit concerned of the room's atmosphere. Giving off a sad mood was killing Mizuki inside. "Im afraid when Shiraishi-san went to call Shinonome-san in she wasnt there. She saw a note on the floor and brought it to me.." Mafuyu said softly. Mizuki stared, "Your lying..where's the note.." they said and Mafuyu handed the note over.

"Hello, if you have this note it means my job has succeeded. I, Kamishiro Rui have one of your princesses and plan to use her for some experiments. Want to save her? Send all the knights you want it wont help. Hurry and find where I am in a span of a few hours. If you fail i'll kill her. Times ticking better hurry~"

Mizuki stared at the note, they held the note furious that they failed to protect Ena. "I volunteer to go out and search, alone."
Mafuyu and the knights stared at them like they had a death wish. "Are you sure?" Mafuyu asked. "Im sure. I vowed to protect her and now my life is on the line." Mizuki said. "Be safe Akiyama, your the closest to me other than that idiot." Akito said finally something nice smiling all the slightest holding out a fist. The 2 fist bumped and Mizuki turned to leave. "Good luck and bring her back." Mafuyu said softly.

"Right. I'll be off and I wont go back on my word."

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —
Why do I actually like this? Idk it's actually really good. Prepare for the next part. Psycho Rui✨
Bye.
Word count: 832