01 | and who's she?

The car very carefully slowed down as the wheels ran over a patch of gravel leading to the worn down gates of the superficial hell her parents had forced her to go to — Wednesday had dreamt of the underworld countless times before and it was nowhe...

The car very carefully slowed down as the wheels ran over a patch of gravel leading to the worn down gates of the superficial hell her parents had forced her to go to — Wednesday had dreamt of the underworld countless times before and it was nowhere near as bland and tasteless as this.

It wasn't long before the car fully stopped in-front of the school, her eyes falling to the structure with an emotionless stare. Trying her best to muffle the sounds of her parents fond nostalgia for the place she reluctantly got out of the car. Feeling the satisfying crunch beneath her boots caused by the broken down pavement and gravel.

The air felt much too pure for her lungs, something she knew was much too healthy for her body. She almost felt sick at the thought of her lungs enjoying crisp, fresh air.

"You're going to love it here my little viper." Her dad's thick Spanish accent held much power for a statement Wednesday knew would not be true.

"I'd much rather scoop out my eyes out with a wooden spoon gaining splinters in the process." Her voice stayed monotoned as it always did without a thought behind it.

*. * ·

The braided haired girl knew the headmistress seemed much too entitled for her own good, knowing that if she spoke that highly in regards to her accomplishments, she certainly wasn't qualified to do the job correct way.

"You've certainly had a very interesting educational journey, eight schools in five years." The white haired woman behind the desk spoke as she gazed up and down to her computer — something Wednesday had vowed to never stoop so low and to use technology.

"They haven't built one strong enough to hold me. I bet this place won't be any different." Her words resonated throughout the dimly lit office, her tone radiating pure confidence knowing full well that nothing or no one could tame her.

"I think you'll be pleased to hear that we are much more than capable to do so. After all this is a school built for outcasts." Weems voice now flooded with confidence which Wednesday found rather comical.

"Your new roommate is right outside ready to show you around the school and your shared dorm. I think she's the prefect match for you." The headmistress smirked while motioning her hand to the door for the black haired girl to proceed with the tour.

Opening the large ancient looking wood door Wednesday was almost blinded of the sight of the much too colourful blonde immediately trying to engulf the girl in a hug, Wednesday stepped back quickly in disgust.

"This is so exciting, you know when I was first dormed alone I was like 'Enid people would kill for this you should be happy' but I immediately hated it, so this is the best thing that could happen to me." The blonde practically squealed at the idea of being paired with someone.

"Has anyone actually killed for their own dorm?" The braided haired girl could picture the scene in her head which was rather amusing to her.

"I meant figuratively, you know like a figure of speech?" Enid raised her brow slightly trying to keep her smile she had moments before, while beginning to walk through the halls.

"The imbeciles don't know what they're missing." Wednesday reluctantly following the girl watching her stance change as she mentioned murder.

"While we're on that topic maybe you can clear up a few things?" The girl paused and took a breath before continuing not quite sure how to ask such a delicate question.

"Rumours been swirling that you tried to kill a kid at your old school." The blonde practically blurted out, not being able to sound any less frantic.

"Actually it was two kids but who's counting." Her voice was nonchalant as they continued walking, gaining a few stares from other students.

Ignoring what Wednesday just said, Enid stopped before leading to a courtyard directly in the middle of the schools ground floor.

"Welcome to the quad."

"It's a pentagon." Wednesday gazed around watching people socializing in disgust with their phones out mindlessly scrolling through soul-sucking social media.

The short haired blonde dodged asking what that was suppose to mean and started speaking once more.

"There are four main clicks; vampires, werewolves — like me, sirens, and the gorgons." She spoke slowly as she pointed to each of the groups as Wednesday watched each of them intensely.

The brown eyed girl gazed each corner of the so called quad before her eyes met a lonesome girl against the wall in the corner, immediately noticing how there was no one within a few feet of her nor acknowledging her existence.

"And who's she?" Her voice held a slight rasp as she ever so slightly lifted her finger to vaguely point in the girls general direction.

"Stay away from her, trust me." Enid practically winced at the sight of the red haired who was reading a book intently.

"I don't believe in trust nor listen to others commands." Wednesday's eyes stayed locked towards the direction of the girl.

Intrigued by the fact that no one seemed to go near her, and how her new found roommate was most definitely scared of her. Wednesday watched the girl as she stayed still, not moving as her eyes stayed down at the pages of her book. Finally someone here that wasn't a salve to society. Wednesday could help but envy the fact that she got the lonesome she so desperately wanted here.