05 | quite the asset to me

The next morning came far too quickly for Thea's pounding headache, the blue in her eyes looked more like a faded grey from lack of sleep

The next morning came far too quickly for Thea's pounding headache, the blue in her eyes looked more like a faded grey from lack of sleep. Still disoriented from the night before she thought back to the moments after the murder. The pair running back to the festival begging Weems to follow them — returning to the spot they were in to find no sign of anyone ever being there.

If the witch had been alone, maybe she would consider that she had simply lost her mind like most of the students had been waiting to happen — but the bruise on the back of her neck, and the girl that was with her said otherwise.

She made her way through the hall, stopping in front of Wednesday's dorm. She could hear the wolf tell her roommate that Rowan was alive and she must have simply misunderstood what she saw — the witch outside the the couldn't help but laugh, making the door swing open.

"Thea." Wednesday held the door open so the red haired girl could enter, earning a squirm from Enid. Wednesday looking back at her roommate and scoffing at her in defeat.

Enid excused herself quickly, telling Wednesday she'd see her in class later on. Giving a polite nod to the witch before leaving her dorm.

"I take it wolfie doesn't believe you?" Thea chuckled slightly raising her hand feeling the power flow through it.

"She's too sensitive to see the truth." Wednesday's eyes glanced down to the girls hands practically glowing, a dark ray of light making its way through.

"Someone will have to believe us eventually." The girl shook her hands releasing her hold of power, she tended to do that when she felt uneasy, she couldn't control much of her magic but she certainly held on to the little of it she could.

"I don't understand how I'm drawn in something from 30 years ago." Wednesday turned back around making her way to her desk, turning only her head slightly to make sure Thea was following her.

*. * ·

The pair sat in the headmistress's office, repeating their story over and over to the sheriff trying desperately to get him to believe them when the door to the office crept open, revealing Rowan.

Immediately the pair locked eyes knowing in the bottom of their stomachs that something wasn't right. It was impossible — they had seen the brown haired boy full of rage get torn apart from some monster.

Wednesday grabbed hold of Thea's hand the same way she did last night, leaving the office and making their way to the far end of the quad.

"That can't be him, right?" Thea spoke quietly, their hands still touching. Millions of thoughts echoing in both of the girls minds.

"Impossible, but clearly someone wants us to think it's Rowan. Someone is covering his tracks." The dark haired girls voice stayed low as well. Her conscience telling her to do the unthinkable — making her feel guilty because the redhead had done so much to get to where they were going. Guilt was not a feeling she was familiar nor fond with.

"Maybe we should postpone our plans. Something is clearly wrong here and I think we should stay and investigate." Thea spoke after a long while of silence, her mind pondering with the same thoughts as the black haired girl in front of her without knowing.

"You mean as a team?" Wednesday's eyes made their way to Thea's her expression almost unreadable if it wasn't for her pupil dilating almost microscopically.

"Yes as a team Addams, you can't possibly think I'd let you run into danger yourself." The red haired girl spoke watching Wednesday become slightly surprised that the witch knew exactly what she was thinking.

"Besides, Rowan called me your accomplice. I might as well play the part." Thea spoke once more before Wednesday could have the chance to answer.

"I suppose you could be quite the asset to me." Wednesdays eyes back to her normal state before she spoke again.

"Alright Thea, I'm in." She paused for a moment, letting her simple words sink in. Watching her blue eyes light up very slightly as Thea observed the girl in front of her, watching her mannerisms change slightly with her words. Barley noticeable to one that wasn't paying attention, but Thea's full attention was on the girl in front of her. Deciphering her words to her expressions carefully.

"But don't make me regret this. I'm more than contempt with feeding you to my menagerie of pets." This time her October brown eyes widened and the corner of her lip was fighting a smile.

"I wouldn't have it any other way."