03 | naive boys

Wednesday jumped down off the tree branch and landed next to Thea who had jumped down first

Wednesday jumped down off the tree branch and landed next to Thea who had jumped down first. She glanced around to find that they were towards the back end of the building. It didn't take long before the pair were on the move, Wednesday suggesting they stop in the coffee shop to regroup.

Carefully waiting to cross the street without being seen by Principal Weems who would probably notice the two were gone anytime soon, the braided haired girl spoke.

"Why is it that you're not apart of some atrocious social club?" She thought back to yesterday seeing different groups of students clustered together and to her who was as far away from anyone as she could.

"There's not really a club for uncontrollable witches with black magic." Thea glanced down at her hands quickly still feeling the sensation of power fizzing inside them.

Wednesday hadn't even thought about the fact that she had powers, instead she was too preoccupied on watching her sit by her lonesome the day before and now focusing on running away to think about that.

Thea wasn't fond of talking about her powers in the first place, every conversation always came back to the same question — wondering why she had dark magic rather than light. She was practically waiting for Wednesday to speak the words she knew always came out but she didn't.

"Coast is clear, let's cross now." Wednesday motioned her head towards Weathervane cafe before making a run for it with the redhead.

They walked in the coffee shop to find a boy behind the counter watching a smoking coffee machine. Wednesday walking right up to him, with Thea close behind.

"Holy crap, do you guys make a habit out of scaring people?" The curly haired boy jumped in surprise backing up slightly, Thea smirking in amusement.

"It's more of a hobby." Wednesday resorted, earning a faint laugh from the girl next to her as they watched the barista look at their uniforms.

"You guys go to nevermore..." The boy glanced from one girl to another his brow raised slightly wondering why they were in town on a weekday.

"I need a quad over ice right now." The dark haired girl completely dodging his remark of the pair and staring at him to start making her drink but he simply just stood there and watched them.

"It's four shots of espresso." Thea scoffed at the thought that she had to break it down into steps to the boy that worked there.

"I know what a quad is, but spolier alert the espresso machine is having a seizure and the instructions are in Italian." He pointed to the machine which was still smoking.