sample feature christmas special

Gift: The Miracle Story of Hospital

Gifts – the very thing that symbolized how blessed we are as people. We receive gifts whenever there are upcoming occasions like Christmas and birthdays that we celebrate or when other people want to show their appreciation and gratitude towards us. And we cannot help but have favoritism with these gifts we have. But for this young girl, this simple gift from God is what matters the most for her: life.

One of the main highlights of Christmas was gifts – the very reason why children are very excited whenever December is coming up. Even when our own birthdays are already near, we always expect gifts from other people. But one particular girl never wanted gifts from other people. She never desired anything but one thing: to live longer.

Diagnosed with a rare yet deadly disease, Lise values every second of her life. Despite having a deadline, it never stops her from dreaming, from planning what she could be in the future. But it doesn't mean she disregards the fact that she will never reach adulthood. That's why every year, she always completes the nine days of Simbang Gabi to wish for the one thing her heart desires. "Sana humaba pa po ang buhay ko, Kuya Jesus," (I hope my will be longer, Jesus) she said as she kissed the baby Jesus.

As her expiration date got nearer and nearer, hope is slowly dying into her. She got weaker, hospitalized at least once every month, and ended up not going to school in her last year because she cannot walk already and cannot even breathe without wearing an oxygen mask. But she never stops praying to the one above.

It was Christmas Eve when she was announced comatose. Everyone loses hope at that very moment. Even doctors cannot even figure out how to help Lise.

But maybe Jesus heard the young girl's wish for him.

At around 11 pm on Christmas, the hospital was in chaos. "A miracle," someone shouted in the midst of the crowd. And in room 203, you can see Lise smiling, like nothing happened to her. She also looks healthy. When doctors checked her up, there was no trace of her disease.

That night was the start of the famous miracle story of that hospital. And who would have thought that Lise is now known as Annalise Perez, a famous dancer in Woodland, California.