~(Chapter 10)~

Trigger warnings:
Swearing
Sonic singing ⚠️⚠️

~(Chapter 10)~

Amy looked out her window into the morning sky. Sonic stood next to her.

Amy: I can't believe I'm going to have your dad's baby.

Amy teared up at the thought.

Sonic: Amy, that's not his baby. It's yours. Yours and Blaze's.

Amy blushed at his last comment and he hugged her for extra comfort.

Amy: Right, Blaze.

Amy: What if she doesn't want to take care of this kid? Do I abort? I can't abort. This kid didn't do anything wrong.

Amy: That's it.

Sonic looked at her questioningly.

Sonic: Hm?

Amy: I'm going to take care of this kid to the best of my abilities. I'm going to give them a loving family, no matter how hard we struggle.

Sonic: That's the spirit!

Amy chuckled.

Sonic: I promise you're going to be the best parent ever. And I'll always be here to help.

Amy: I know.

Sonic smiled.

Sonic: I'm going to go to breakfast, come down later, 'kay?

Amy nodded.

Sonic went downstairs. Sonia was sitting at the table with her head in her hands, looking down. Her husband was comforting her.

Sonic: What's up here?

Sonia: Manic won't talk to me. Something happened last night, and I don't know what. When I woke up this morning his door was closed and I could hear crying through the door.

Sonic: Wow. His door's never closed. He must be super upset.

Sonia: I know! But he won't tell me about what.

Sonia sighed.

Chris: Sonia, dear, I'm sure he's just in a bad mood. He'll tell you when he's ready.

Sonia: Hah. Thanks Chris. You're probably right.

Sonic: Let me try to go talk to him.

Sonia: Good luck.

Chris looked solemnly at the blue hedgehog as he walked away.

Sonic knocked on the door.

Manic: PISS OFF SONIA!?

Sonic: Sonia's not here right now.

Manic: Oh. Sonic. You're probably here to ask me what's wrong because Sonia sent you. So why don't you, just. Pis- just go away. Please. Or whatever.

Sonic took a breath in and out.

Sonic: Remember that one song you sang to me when dad ripped my favorite stuffie?

Manic went silent.

Sonic: I'm not as good, but I can try.

Sonic: Now hush, little baby, don't you cry. Everything's gonna be alright. Stiffen that upper lip up, little soldier, I told ya, brother's here to you through the night. I know Robin's (that's what we're naming the stuffed animal) not here right now and we don't know why, we fear how we feel inside. It may seem a little crazy, pretty baby, but I promise, Robin's gonna be alright.

Sonic decided to add his own part to the song.

Sonic: And if you ask me to, brother's gonna buy you a mocking bird, I'ma give you the world. I'm buy a diamond ring for you I'ma sing for you I'll do anything for you to see you smile.

Sonia: And if the mockingbird don't sing and that ring don't shine, I'ma break that birdie's neck. I'll go back to the jeweler who sold it to you, and they give me every Karat don't fuck with sis.

(Song: Mockingbird; by Eminem.)

And with that, Sonia collapsed to the floor in tears. Shortly, Manic's crying was heard too. Manic opened the door and hugged Sonia.

Sonia got up, then helped Manic do the same.

Manic: Sonic, I think it's time we tell you something.

(579 words +these 4)